Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Verso rear brake load sensor

gavin yaris verso

My 2002 Verso has failed MOT. Amongst other problems the rear brake sensor valve linkage is broken. Toyota price for complete unit is nearly £300 . This added to other relatively normal faults makes the viability of repair questionable. I've been let down by 2 breakers on eBay who've taken my money but not sent parts. I'm told the part is the same on the Previa and Hiace. Can anybody confirm this or advise where I can get a replacement. It's only the linkage needed but apparently not available from Toyota as a separate part, it's very easy to remove - 1 nut and 1 slip pin. Any help/advice appreciated.

I take it you mean the load sensing valve

is the valve ok and you just need the arm and spring ?

• Like 1

i see now you need the rod and spring if you can remove the old one that is

• Like 1

Hi yes just the rod and spring needed, the rod's broken where the small ball pivot is near where it mounts on the axle. Can you help? It could be a car saver. I really like the car there is nothing else as versatile for our use. Cheers Gavin

Ps. The old one is removed, very easy, nut fixing to axle was a bit rusty came part way of allowing insertion of hacksaw! Do you know whether the Previa one is the same or whether any other models have one?

Thanks, yes saw that, it's just the bare rod. It could work, the spring and seating is very rusty on mine, may be usable. Ideally the whole link assembly but I suppose they're all going to be in a similar state, that's if I can find one. 

found the eBay one again , clicked to buy and got a message in Spanish that they are no longer authorised on eBay!

You are looking for 47900-52100, it is specific to Yaris Verso and not shared with other models

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2020 at 4:11 PM, gavin yaris verso said:

found the eBay one again , clicked to buy and got a message in Spanish that they are no longer authorised on eBay!

On 12/1/2020 at 8:43 PM, Devon Aygo said:

You are looking for 47900-52100, it is specific to Yaris Verso and not shared with other models

Thanks Lee, it seems Toyota only supply the complete load sensing valve at £300+. This added to the other costs to get it through the MOT means the car is probably scrap which is a shame, it's a good runner and only 63.000 mls. Thanks for your help