Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Purchasing a higher than average mileage Yaris

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi Guys on the Yaris forums, 

I must admit that I've never been to this side of the forums before, usually on the Avensis & Aygo ends.

However, my son is looking to buy his first car.

He's come across a beautiful white 2015 Yaris sport, looks in good nick, from an independent garage, but has close to 84k on the clock with a full Toyota dealership service history. It'll cost him 5500 pounds. 

Is it a wise move? I could do with some advice please.

Are there any pointers to look out for?

Finally, it looks pretty standard other than it has a panoramic roof.

Did toyota make a styling kit or a body kit for these?

Much appreciated and cheers in advance 

Sammy

14 hours ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

However, my son is looking to buy his first car.

He's come across a beautiful white 2015 Yaris sport, looks in good nick, from an independent garage, but has close to 84k on the clock with a full Toyota dealership service history. It'll cost him 5500 pounds.

17K/year is high, but with a FMDSH should be OK, at least you know it probably hasn't just gone down the road to the shops once a a week. The price seems high to me, but I'm not in the market for another and don't know what they're going for. Is there any 'wiggle room' and how does it compare to others (presumably he's looking around)? It seems the current owner's parting with it as the warranty expires. Have you checked the MOT history?

Son drivers a 2012 Yaris with 77k miles. Bought at 2 years old.

No issues in 6 years of ownership and runs as if new.

Sam you have to do all the checks and find all the previous history of the car that you possibly can. No of previous owners, MOT history, check with Toyota is the service history available, mileage genuine, state of the tyres, Battery, etc. Take a knowledgeable person with you on a lengthy test drive, and if all is genuine then it’s a matter for you to agree a price. Toyota Yaris is generally a great reliable little car so the choice is yours. Hope this is of some help, good luck.

• Like 1

The sport model may bump up the insurance, first time driver on anything bigger than a 1.33 is going to cost a fortune i suggest you get a few quotes first

The sport is group 8-12, Most manual, non hybrid cars are group 10