Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Low Oil Level

oreilw

Hi - I have a "Low Oil Level" message coming up on the dash of my 2007 Toyota Auris petrol. The oil level is fine . It only comes on when the car warms up . Its not a faulty oil pressure switch which is located overhead the oil filter. Is there an oil level sensor in this car? Rgs Willie

Have you tried diagnostic? How did you check the switch?

Perhaps a proper check of actual oil pressure is in order. It could be something like a blocked strainer in the sump or a faulty/worn pump. As far as I know there is not an actual sensor for level, rather low oil pressure is presumed to be caused by a low level.

You need to get it checked before major engine damage possibly occurs.

If the car has been neglected in regards to Oil changes, oil ways inside the engine can become blocked or restricted by old 'sludgy' oil, if this is the case a good engine flush and new oil and filter may resolve the problem. If it has regular oil changes this is unlikely to be the problem.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links