Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transmission Fluid

Haitham Mohamed

i recently change manual transmission fluid on my Toyota Avensis 1.6 L 2008 but at the lube shop doesn't have 75W-90 stock so he give me 80W-90 instead of 75W-90 and he says that normal for putting 80W-90 in it at the time i changed the fluid was in summer days and i didn't feel anything strange but nowadays which is winter, when the car is cold, the shifts between gears special when downshifting it's like hard to shift but when the car reaches operating temperature everything being normal and shifts smoothly 

HINT about the condition of my transmission:

There's no grinding or wining or any strange sounds coming from the transmission.

So changing to 75W-90 will do the trick ?

Personally I would put a 75W-80 in there. You'll get much smoother low temperature shifts and less baulking on downchanges. Make sure its a GL-4 oil and NOT a GL-5.

The fluid in there is 80W-90 GL-5 (Mobilube HD) and the manual says it's normal for GL-5 or GL-4 

Is there any problem with GL-5 ?

I need some help about MANNOL Extra Getriebeoel 8103 GL-4/GL-5 LS is safe for Toyota Avensis 2008 Manual Transmission

This Fluid compatible with GL-4 and GL-5 LS which GL-5 LS additive is my concerning in this fluid, Is it safe ?

3 hours ago, Haitham Mohamed said:

The fluid in there is 80W-90 GL-5 (Mobilube HD) and the manual says it's normal for GL-5 or GL-4 

Is there any problem with GL-5 ?

Most Toyota manual gearboxes take a GL-4.  What is the engine series code on your car?

GL-5 LS means that the oil has friction modifier additives for limited slip differentials. Your Avensis does not have a limited slip differential.  I doubt using it would cause any damage but possibly the gearbox synchro would not perform optimally. 

3ZZ-FE: Engine Code

C50: Transmission Code

Topics merged.

Sorry for that, i mislead, in the another topic i thought i was replaying in this topic but i figured out that i made another topic

sorry for that

For C50 transmission its a 75W85 or 75W90 to GL4 or GL4 & 5