Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blue tooth failing to reconnect

kathy0607

I have a 2016 Yaris with Toyota Touch.  Every time I start the car the blue tooth does not automatically reconnect to my Samsung Android phone.  Both devices see each other but the connection fails.  The only way I can get the connection to work is to restart the phone.  Is the problem with my phone or the Toyota Touch.

Moved to the Yaris club.

Any chance you could try with another phone ?
See if the problem ‘disappears’ ?

Have you tried deleting the pairing on the car and phone and then try a new pairing. Sometimes when the phone is updated it can interfere with any original pairing. Worth a try.

Eventually I can pair it and it works OK then I switch the car off and when I restart it it fails to reconnect.  Today I stopped for petrol and when I restarted the car the connection failed.  Both the phone and the car see each other but when I press connect for phone on Toyota Touch the connection fails.  I have to do a restart on the phone and go through the blue tooth setting on the phone to get it to connect.  Should I suspect the phone?

What firmware is the touch2 running ?

Settings - General - system information

When you first pair the phone did you accept/agree/ok the 2 requests that appear on your phone ? these are permissions and need agreeing otherwise the two devices are paired but the headunit has insufficient permissions on the phone.

I have just unpaired at both ends and repaired and said yes.  I then switched the car off and then on again and the phone did connect correctly.  Will try again a bit later and see if it still works.  I am not able to try another phone at the moment but will do so when I can.  Thanks for all the help.