Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gas mileage dropping on 2018 Camry Hybrid

Rob Grant

When I bought my hybrid 3 years ago I was getting 48 to 51 miles per gallon. Now I am getting 42 to 46 miles per gallon. I have gone to three dealers and they have no idea why this is happening. I am the only person who has been driving this car and I have not changed my driving habits. Has anyone else had this problem and do you have a solution?

• 4 weeks later...

On 12/3/2020 at 10:03 PM, Rob Grant said:

When I bought my hybrid 3 years ago I was getting 48 to 51 miles per gallon. Now I am getting 42 to 46 miles per gallon. I have gone to three dealers and they have no idea why this is happening. I am the only person who has been driving this car and I have not changed my driving habits. Has anyone else had this problem and do you have a solution?

Start by filling out a car profile.
MAF sensor, engine filter, fuel filter, I suppose it's native with a coubik filter in one..

• 1 year later...

I currently own a 2018 Camry hybrid, I get 43 in the winter, 45 in the summer, 48 on a long trip. Try running some Techron through your fuel. If my mileage drops, that's what I do and typically helps in one tankful.

• 3 months later...

It's the winter temperature.  Takes longer time to reach close loop.  We have unusual winter this year.  I also have similar drops in Auris

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links