Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla GR sport 1.8 queries

Darcus30

Hi all. I have had my Gr sport only  a few days. Just  a few Questions if that's OK? Should it have smart entry? Welcome home lights?  Is my horn faulty it sounds like road runner lol.

Also are there any hidden secrets I should know about 

Many thanks in advance

Mark

Welcome to the world of the Corolla horn, Meep Meep!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

If you mean welcome home lights as in the headlights come on when you unlock the car then no if it’s the same as the excel, smart entry not sure I think this is only on the excel , The horn is easy to upgrade by either getting another one as the same that is on there or buying 2 of the same on eBay as I did. There is a tutorial on you tube on how to do it lift the bonnet and you will see a plastic cover at the front that covers the front grille and radiator it is secured with plastic removable rivets push the button in on the centre of the rivet this will loosen it then gently put a trim removal tool or small screwdriver under the head of the rivet and lever up and pull out remove the cover and you will see the horn at the top near side.

to replace the rivets pull the centre up slightly so that the prongs move inwards then re insert them and push the centre button back down.

if you are not confident get someone with mechanical knowledge and 12 volt electrics to help.

On 12/4/2020 at 3:36 AM, Darcus30 said:

Hi all. I have had my Gr sport only  a few days. Just  a few Questions if that's OK? Should it have smart entry? Welcome home lights?  Is my horn faulty it sounds like road runner lol.

Also are there any hidden secrets I should know about 

Many thanks in advance

Mark

I made sure I knew exactly what my car spec was BEFORE ordering it.  A brochure or a word with a dealer would have told you exactly what this car has fitted as standard.

Have a look on the Toyota sales site and look at the model you bought. The full up to date specs are  there. 

Suppose one proviso is whether your car is model year 20 or model year 21. Presumably the specs on the website are now for model year 21.

Thanks all, yes I suppose I should have checked 1st but the horm though lol

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Darcus30 said:

Thanks all, yes I suppose I should have checked 1st but the horm though lol

Have you tried the horn with windows down, I think outside sounds much better than inside. 👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links