Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting trouble. 08 avensis

Chuggers

Hi everyone. I'm wondering if anybody has any idea what the trouble could be.

Two warning lights appeared a couple of days ago, water in fuel filter and charging error light. I proceeded to drain the fuel filter. The next day o started the car and other warning lights came on. When I stopped the car to clear warning lights it wouldn't start again. 

I diagnosed a faulty alternator.  So I charged up a Battery and and jump-started the car to set off on the 100 mile trip to get to my mechanic. Short of about 20 miles one after another the warning lights came on before the car cut out.

I've since charged a Battery to get me the remaining distance to the mechanics but the car won't start. She turns over and fires while I have the key in the cranking position but as soon as I let go of the key she cuts out again.

I'm wondering is there something that went wrong as she died.

Or is there some sort of reset process after a Battery drain cut out like I had.

Thanks in advance

Is your car petrol or Diesel? Could you have more water in the fuel filter?

The car is a 2 liter d4d. I believe that the fuel filter warning light only came on with the alternator problem.

OK have you checked that your glowplugs are all functioning? I presume that the fuel filter has been replaced not too long ago & the fuel tank is not empty.

Fuel in the tank. Coming rail fuel pressure is rising on diagnostics, no error codes. Fuel filters have been done. Glow plugs working. Immobilizer light goes of with key in and cranking.

Is there any toyota mechanics on the site that can spread some light on the situation