Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris GR.

Phil White

Anyone been looking at these? My local UK dealer will shortly have one in and i will be taking a look.

On 12/6/2020 at 4:24 PM, flash22 said:

a few have complained about missing features that the EU model has

Out of interest, what features are missing compared to the EU model? I have seen lack of heated seats as a option mentioned in a few places & never understand why companies do this as it's not exactly tropical in the UK in winter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silver Yaris said:

Out of interest, what features are missing compared to the EU model? I have seen lack of heated seats as a option mentioned in a few places & never understand why companies do this as it's not exactly tropical in the UK in winter.

I wonder if it is to do with weight and emissions? Even on the standard Yaris hybrid, if you get the glass roof you loose out on a spare tyre 😕

Lots of manufactures don't offer the cold pack in the uk

I can't find the thread atm, a lot of people order the GR go for the Circuit pack

Yes that's It, it's the "Convenience Pack" that is missing - the euro ones get heated seats and the intercooler spray too

https://www.change.org/p/toyota-gb-plc-toyota-please-offer-more-options-on-the-uk-yaris-gr

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone managed to get a test drive in one of these as yet and if so, was it the standard or circuit pack one and what are your thoughts?

Saw one in my local dealer the other day. A very small car. Not my thing. Not sure if they do 4 door models as this was a 2 door. Liked the styling but probably very expensive. I'd go and buy the Corolla Touring Sports as like Hybrid/Auto.

What I would like is a Hybrid hot hatch. Lexus RX 450h engine in a tiny Toyota!

Is the new GR engine a Toyota engine or from another manufacturer?

James.

Was due to test drive one today but obviously now in Tier 4 so that isn't happening.

The engine has been designed & built by Toyota and is unique to the Yaris GR. It sits on a 4WD platform that has been designed for World Rallying & pushes out approx 260 bhp. Nothing like this has been around for a long time & with many manufactures throwing all of their money in to electric car development, I take my hat off to Toyota for having the balls to design, develop & build a car like this that won't have been cheap to produce.

I am a whisker away from pulling the trigger on ordering one :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a pure Toyota by all means and best car of 2020 from all car categories. There is no one negative review or complain, and when you see the journalists driving it you can tell it’s true what they are saying, it is so much of a fun they just can’t hide their smile. This is probably the only car that I can buy without even seen it in person and I don’t care what colour is, they are all great. It’s amazing car, a reborn legend, very much look like evo x even under the bonnet. Very sensible priced too. I would buy this car over anything else that’s called a sport car. £30k WRC car. 
Happy new year to all 🚗👍

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

This is a pure Toyota by all means and best car of 2020 from all car categories. There is no one negative review or complain, and when you see the journalists driving it you can tell it’s true what they are saying, it is so much of a fun they just can’t hide their smile. This is probably the only car that I can buy without even seen it in person and I don’t care what colour is, they are all great. It’s amazing car, a reborn legend, very much look like evo x even under the bonnet. Very sensible priced too. I would buy this car over anything else that’s called a sport car. £30k WRC car. 
Happy new year to all 🚗👍

Have to agree with this ^^ 

It’s great to see that despite a focus on Hybrids over the last 20yrs, Toyota still has the knack to build a fantastic AWD rally special (albeit with a bit of support from Gazoo). 

I bet it’s immense to drive! 

• 2 weeks later...

Here is why people are buying Yaris GR, snow driving is the most excited and relaxed driving experience you can ever get, all you need is car ready for it, and snow 🚗❄️👌

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2020 at 5:10 PM, Auris James said:

Saw one in my local dealer the other day. A very small car. Not my thing. Not sure if they do 4 door models as this was a 2 door. Liked the styling but probably very expensive. I'd go and buy the Corolla Touring Sports as like Hybrid/Auto.

What I would like is a Hybrid hot hatch. Lexus RX 450h engine in a tiny Toyota!

Is the new GR engine a Toyota engine or from another manufacturer?

James.

They don't do a four door -its a WRC homologation and not designed to be a family car.

The engine is built by Gazoo Racing and is 100% Toyota.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LeonK said:

They don't do a four door -its a WRC homologation and not designed to be a family car.

The engine is built by Gazoo Racing and is 100% Toyota.

The motoring press love it! Toyota is doing well in the WRC and will be a collectors car. 

• Like 1

I think they might extend production and there are rumours they are preparing new Corolla GR four Hatchback and TS with same drive train, don’t know if we get some those in Uk . 

• Like 1

I’m not sure if this is allowed but here 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-clarkson-review-toyota-gr-yaris-9cmq6kg6k

is a review of the GR Yaris from Sundays Sunday Times magazine.

(Best ignore the early comments about the ‘basic’ Yaris...it is a Clarkson review !).

Unless one already subscribes, the main issue is that to read the full Times article one has to sign up to a one month free trial as a subscriber.

20 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Unless one already subscribes, the main issue is that to read the full Times article one has to sign up to a one month free trial as a subscriber.

Apologies, I hoped the article would appear ‘unlocked’ so to speak.

I already subscribe.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links