Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav 2019 seats

Baser

hi i have a 2019 Rav 2019 Dynamic now 15 months old 

is anybody else having comfort problems. lumber support is off but i am finding it uncomfortable.it is as if a bar is digging in my back.

dealer says cant find a problem.

any ideas?

7 hours ago, Baser said:

hi i have a 2019 Rav 2019 Dynamic now 15 months old 

is anybody else having comfort problems. lumber support is off but i am finding it uncomfortable.it is as if a bar is digging in my back.

dealer says cant find a problem.

any ideas?

I do find I have to keep moving the lumbar regularly to keep my back comfortable but I have more issue with the base that isn't as comfortable as I would like, get numb bum on longer drives. Certainly not the best seats in a car I have owned. But a lot better than my last at least.

Our was fine on a five + hour drive down to Cornwall in the summer, nothing wrong with them as far as I can tell. 

Thanks for info

It just feels like a metal bar going down the middle of the back part of the seat.but I can't feel anything by hand.

Do not really understand 'lumber support' in cars. Why would you want something sticking out onto your lower back that pokes into your spine compressing the discs?

I am fairly certain car manufacturers will have consulted with medical experts on the design of lumbar support in car seats but I am equally certain as someone who has a bulging L4/L5 disc that if anything the spine should be encouraged to stretch not compress. Just to add I have no medical evidence of this other than my MRI scan and this is just my opinion. Also the lumbar support in my RAV4 has no place in my life and is wound right in...

3 hours ago, satts67 said:

Do not really understand 'lumber support' in cars. Why would you want something sticking out onto your lower back that pokes into your spine compressing the discs?

I am fairly certain car manufacturers will have consulted with medical experts on the design of lumbar support in car seats but I am equally certain as someone who has a bulging L4/L5 disc that if anything the spine should be encouraged to stretch not compress. Just to add I have no medical evidence of this other than my MRI scan and this is just my opinion. Also the lumbar support in my RAV4 has no place in my life and is wound right in...

Fair enough but that's you. For me with it fully in I would be in serious agony in less than an hour, that's me.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2020 Excel and I’m finding it very difficult to get comfortable in the seats. It seems to me that there is a lack of support at the base of the seat back. Using the lumbar support doesn’t help because it comes in several inches higher up. I’d hoped that the seats would settle after a period of time and maybe mould themselves but no luck so far. I keep tweaking the controls to try to find something that works. Without doubt they’re the worst seats I’ve ever experienced, which is a shame because the car is otherwise pretty much perfect. I have absolutely no problems with the seats in our Corolla Icon Tech which is a bit weird.

At the end of the day, the design of a car seat, regardless of manufacturer, is going to be a compromise, and there will be people who fall outside of the compromise.

I have the same model and about the same age with the standard "sports" seats. I don't quite understand what you mean by lumbar support being off. Do you mean its adjusted for the least intrusion? I am of average height and weight and I prefer the seat to be as high as possible although this does result in the seat base being tilted back a little further than I would like. So no specific issues such as yours. A relative who has the Excel model actually prefers my seats to the more plush ones in his car. I suspect it is almost impossible to accommodate every variation of the human form perfectly.

Hi I have turned the lumber support down to the lowest setting (off).didn't feel anything on t drive.and not the best time at dealers to try different models.was going for excel but talked into the dynamic

Yes everyone is different I was just asking the group if they had issues.

Not the best time to be trying different seats at dealerships at moment.