Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris TS or Avensis (2012/2013)

testbil

5 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

👍

cvt does not change gears, the rpm goes up and the car gain speeds 

well equipped cars has infotainment screen, cruise control and fog lights, auto dim rear view mirror 

I see, thank you! 

20 hours ago, Konrad C said:

Toyota ECU is not easy to deal with, compared to VAG systems, according those in the know. A few owners have a regime of cleaning the EGR once a year. So long as you are happy with the car, that is important. 

just going to leave the egr connected but would i get away with doing away with the clutch to the floor and connect the wire so it starts without pushing it and pushing a button like my older car. will keeping that wire connected cause electrical problems or wont make a difference as its only a push to start feature 

• 3 weeks later...

@TonyHSD I have another question regarding the transmission if that's ok 🙂 

I'm now interested in this Auris TS hybrid, is says it has an variomatic transmission, is that the "good" transmission? 

https://biluppgifter.se/fordon/edg221

Skärmavbild 2021-01-02 kl. 09.58.36.png

The car is within our budget, it costs a little less than a car that i think is similar, why might that be? 

Skärmavbild 2021-01-02 kl. 09.58.58.png

1 hour ago, testbil said:

@TonyHSD I have another question regarding the transmission if that's ok 🙂 

I'm now interested in this Auris TS hybrid, is says it has an variomatic transmission, is that the "good" transmission? 

https://biluppgifter.se/fordon/edg221

Skärmavbild 2021-01-02 kl. 09.58.36.png

The car is within our budget, it costs a little less than a car that i think is similar, why might that be? 

Skärmavbild 2021-01-02 kl. 09.58.58.png

Hi,

Auris hybrid estate will be the best choice and the transmission is called eCVT which is unique for all Toyota hybrids and it is the best drive train in the world, most efficient, most reliable, it drives like full electric car without gears, once you get use to it , you will love it and won’t like to change to another type., it’s basically same car like Prius, most popular car for taxi and it’s for a reason. Get a car with more extras if you have to choose between trim levels , they are generally better choice. 👍

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi,

Auris hybrid estate will be the best choice and the transmission is called eCVT which is unique for all Toyota hybrids and it is the best drive train in the world, most efficient, most reliable, it drives like full electric car without gears, once you get use to it , you will love it and won’t like to change to another type., it’s basically same car like Prius, most popular car for taxi and it’s for a reason. Get a car with more extras if you have to choose between trim levels , they are generally better choice. 👍

I agree.eCVT is superb.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi,

Thank you for explaining! 

I will buy a Auris TS it's just a matter of finding the right car. I've been looking for one with more extras but i've never came across one that i can afford. So i might have to settle for this one. It's an active plus, what do i miss out on compared to touch/intense/selection/comfort/business? 

1 minute ago, testbil said:

Thank you for explaining! 

I will buy a Auris TS it's just a matter of finding the right car. I've been looking for one with more extras but i've never came across one that i can afford. So i might have to settle for this one. It's an active plus, what do i miss out on compared to touch/intense/selection/comfort/business? 

Just buy the one you can afford as what you have not got won`t;

be missed or go wrong or wear out or require maintenance or be  out of favour!

• Like 2

I don’t know what exactly specs in your country, however just buy the one you like and can afford. Useful extras are usually reversing camera, auto dimm rear view mirror, electric folding side mirrors, anything else not a big deal with or without, auto dim mirror if you are nightndriver, if not can easily live without one. 👍

• Like 2

On 12/8/2020 at 10:50 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Bear in mind that the car tax system underwent a review in the summer, so expect changes in the next few months.

when are we going to see changes mine this year is still £30 kina reason why bought car also along with dependability 

52 minutes ago, 2009joe said:

when are we going to see changes mine this year is still £30 kina reason why bought car also along with dependability 

Presumably when the Chancellor decides to implement whatever changes they decide or have already decided upon. Just because a car is currently in a specific band, doesn't mean that is fixed in stone.

1 minute ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Presumably when the Chancellor decides to implement whatever changes they decide or have already decided upon. Just because a car is currently in a specific band, doesn't mean that is fixed in stone.

Changes are not usually retrospective are they FB ?

4 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

tbh i  dont know would hope so though not be long until we all be back to traveling on push bikes again m8t the way the worlds going lol

7 hours ago, john p williams said:

Just buy the one you can afford as what you have not got won`t;

be missed or go wrong or wear out or require maintenance or be  out of favour!

True!

6 minutes ago, john p williams said:

Changes are not usually retrospective are they FB ?

No they won't be backdated. But with the amount the country has spent on things like Covid and the various schemes associated with that, plus the fact that revenue collected on road tax has fallen over the years, will probably mean changes to the current system. The prospect of road pricing has again been raised, and there is also the push towards electric vehicles, etc. As I said just because a car is currently in a specific band, doesn't mean it won't be affected by changes in the future.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

I don’t know what exactly specs in your country, however just buy the one you like and can afford. Useful extras are usually reversing camera, auto dimm rear view mirror, electric folding side mirrors, anything else not a big deal with or without, auto dim mirror if you are nightndriver, if not can easily live without one. 👍

In this case it seem like the one i might buy lacks the parking assistance, but has got reverse camera etc. 

26 minutes ago, testbil said:

In this case it seem like the one i might buy lacks the parking assistance, but has got reverse camera etc. 

In built Parking Assistance= Eyes, Ears and Commonsense--all free!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, john p williams said:

Agreed, camera is ultra helpful though, it gives you a wide angle view while reversing out of places with limited visibility., and of course ability to park in tight spots. 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, john p williams said:

You have a point! 😄

• Like 1

Do you guys see any apparent difference between these? Links to the ones i posted as images before.. 

The one within budget: 
https://lindstromsbil.se/bilar/begagnade-bilar/sok-begagnad-bil/toyota-auris-touring-sports-hybrid-18/

And another comparable, same year, mileage and so fort: 
https://lindstromsbil.se/bilar/begagnade-bilar/sok-begagnad-bil/toyota-auris-touring-sports-hybrid-125/

10 minutes ago, testbil said:

Do you guys see any apparent difference between these? Links to the ones i posted as images before.. 

The one within budget: 
https://lindstromsbil.se/bilar/begagnade-bilar/sok-begagnad-bil/toyota-auris-touring-sports-hybrid-18/

And another comparable, same year, mileage and so fort: 
https://lindstromsbil.se/bilar/begagnade-bilar/sok-begagnad-bil/toyota-auris-touring-sports-hybrid-125/

They are basically the same cars and specs, the only difference is that the silver one comes equipped with smaller size winter tyres where the white one comes with larger wheels and perhaps summer tyres. Both have all the necessary extras, they actually look better than the uk version. 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

They are basically the same cars and specs, the only difference is that the silver one comes equipped with smaller size winter tyres where the white one comes with larger wheels and perhaps summer tyres. Both have all the necessary extras, they actually look better than the uk version. 👍

Seems like that could be the difference, thank you! 

Satnav not shown, but has the nav button. Does it have sat nav? Does it have the Toyota Safety Sense?

James

4 hours ago, Auris James said:

Satnav not shown, but has the nav button. Does it have sat nav? Does it have the Toyota Safety Sense?

James

True, i also noticed the nav button. Does some cars have nav button but not sat nav? Don't know about safety sense and adaptive cruise control. I can't seem to find a simple guide to what's included in the different variations. Here's some sort of guide though: http://tims.elanders.com/webbroschyr/produktblad_arkiv/Auris/aur_pf_web_1508-3.pdf

1 hour ago, testbil said:

True, i also noticed the nav button. Does some cars have nav button but not sat nav? Don't know about safety sense and adaptive cruise control. I can't seem to find a simple guide to what's included in the different variations. Here's some sort of guide though: http://tims.elanders.com/webbroschyr/produktblad_arkiv/Auris/aur_pf_web_1508-3.pdf

Not sure. We have the Icon spec Auris, this does not come with sat nav. Here in the UK I believe Adaptive Cruise Control was never available/fitted to an Auris. When you view the car should see traffic sign speed recognition. Should be available on facelift Auris of 2016 My 2015 pre facelift in the UK Auris Is Icon plus. Satnav, rear camera, heated front seats. No ACC just standard basic Cruise Control. 

James.

• Like 1

As far as I'm aware the sat nav is an additional module that can be fitted to the Touch 2 multimedia system, and the Touch 2 does have the nav button as standard for when the module is fitted.

As regards the spec and the brochure, it depends when the car was built as to whether the brochure (dated April 2016) applies - for example if it was built after April 2016, the spec may have changed. Specifications tend to have either minor or major changes on an annual basis in the UK, and presumably this is the same where you are. Each importer decides what goes into specs in their market, so these will vary from country to country. A further complication is that the importer reserves the right to make changes without notice - see declaration on back page.

It would be best to actually see the cars to confirm, for example, whether or not they have sat nav, etc.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links