Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris TS or Avensis (2012/2013)

testbil

3 hours ago, Auris James said:

Not sure. We have the Icon spec Auris, this does not come with sat nav. Here in the UK I believe Adaptive Cruise Control was never available/fitted to an Auris. When you view the car should see traffic sign speed recognition. Should be available on facelift Auris of 2016 My 2015 pre facelift in the UK Auris Is Icon plus. Satnav, rear camera, heated front seats. No ACC just standard basic Cruise Control. 

James.

I see. So if it has got traffic sign recognition it has adaptive cruise control? 

3 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

As far as I'm aware the sat nav is an additional module that can be fitted to the Touch 2 multimedia system, and the Touch 2 does have the nav button as standard for when the module is fitted.

As regards the spec and the brochure, it depends when the car was built as to whether the brochure (dated April 2016) applies - for example if it was built after April 2016, the spec may have changed. Specifications tend to have either minor or major changes on an annual basis in the UK, and presumably this is the same where you are. Each importer decides what goes into specs in their market, so these will vary from country to country. A further complication is that the importer reserves the right to make changes without notice - see declaration on back page.

It would be best to actually see the cars to confirm, for example, whether or not they have sat nav, etc.

So a button for nav would indicate that it’s in use and got navigation? I’ve looked at similar cars (year, model name) and in their description it often says navigation. 

I see. I will check with the seller to assure it has the things want. It’s a bit hard these days to travel and look at the car.. So I might gamble and buy the car unseen. Even though I know it’s of course best to see and test drive the car first.. 

4 minutes ago, testbil said:

So a button for nav would indicate that it’s in use and got navigation?

No, the button is there as standard. If the sat nav module is installed, the button will open the sat nav screen. If the module isn't installed, pressing the sat nav button will bring up a message saying something like 'sat nav not activated'.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

No, the button is there as standard. If the sat nav module is installed, the button will open the sat nav screen. If the module isn't installed, pressing the sat nav button will bring up a message saying something like 'sat nav not activated'.

Ok thank you!

I now see that it says "gps" in the specs so it has navigation. Don't know if i missed it or it was added. I also now think that Auris doesn't come with adaptive cruise control.

42 minutes ago, testbil said:

I now see that it says "gps" in the specs so it has navigation. Don't know if i missed it or it was added. I also now think that Auris doesn't come with adaptive cruise control.

Hi, 

If you have a smartphone you don’t need this useless navigation in any car, they are slow, poor graphics, no updates properly, just headaches but no help. , without navigation is even better. Cruise control is basic, only set speed and you can manage with the cc lever instead of pedals while engaged, it’s not adaptive but how often would you need that, ask how often owners of adaptive cruise control use it or parking assist? This Auris has all useful extras that worth attention and extra money, the one that you worry about are no worth mentioning. 👍

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi, 

If you have a smartphone you don’t need this useless navigation in any car, they are slow, poor graphics, no updates properly, just headaches but no help. , without navigation is even better. Cruise control is basic, only set speed and you can manage with the cc lever instead of pedals while engaged, it’s not adaptive but how often would you need that, ask how often owners of adaptive cruise control use it or parking assist? This Auris has all useful extras that worth attention and extra money, the one that you worry about are no worth mentioning. 👍

True, i usually just use Google maps, i find it more accurate than the ones built in the rental cars i've tried! 

Had good use of adaptive cruise control like once, when stuck in a que for several hours. But since the car is automatic that's not a problem i guess. 

Talked to the salesman and might buy the car! 

First i wanted a car with a little less mileage, this has 115150 km (71550,89 mi). But seems to be in good condition and comes with the Toyota used guarantee. 

• Thanks 1

Go ahead, it’s a good car. Get it serviced too if needs service and always do so on time, preferably in Toyota dealership, perhaps same one you buying from. You build up a relationship with them doing so and in unlikely event of something going wrong they will take care of it easily. Hybrid cars needs to used regularly to keep the small  12v Battery topped up, if you don’t drive at least once or twice a week, seat in the car and keep it ON for 30-60min to recharge the Battery. That’s all that you have to worry about. 👍

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Go ahead, it’s a good car. Get it serviced too if needs service and always do so on time, preferably in Toyota dealership, perhaps same one you buying from. You build up a relationship with them doing so and in unlikely event of something going wrong they will take care of it easily. Hybrid cars needs to used regularly to keep the small  12v battery topped up, if you don’t drive at least once or twice a week, seat in the car and keep it ON for 30-60min to recharge the battery. That’s all that you have to worry about. 👍

In Sweden i think they do a "big" service at 10 000km and that's done. They will also include the next service in the price. Good to know, did not know that. Thank you!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Go ahead, it’s a good car. Get it serviced too if needs service and always do so on time, preferably in Toyota dealership, perhaps same one you buying from. You build up a relationship with them doing so and in unlikely event of something going wrong they will take care of it easily. Hybrid cars needs to used regularly to keep the small  12v battery topped up, if you don’t drive at least once or twice a week, seat in the car and keep it ON for 30-60min to recharge the battery. That’s all that you have to worry about. 👍

My thoughts and my practice too !

• Like 2

I don't use cruise control much as I can anticipate hills/driving to suit. If you have a hill ahead it does not gain speed on the flat. It then revs hard to get up the hill then off revs.

You can drive it more smooth yourself with better economy than using the cruise control. See what the cost of a service plan and extended warranty would be.

James👍

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Auris James said:

I don't use cruise control much as I can anticipate hills/driving to suit. If you have a hill ahead it does not gain speed on the flat. It then revs hard to get up the hill then off revs.

You can drive it more smooth yourself with better economy than using the cruise control. See what the cost of a service plan and extended warranty would be.

James👍

I see, makes sense! 

Will do. Do you mean a warranty that exceeds the Toyota used car warranty? It's valid from 2015-09 or 20 000 mil (swedish mil) 

• 3 weeks later...

Update: Bought a 2016 Toyota Auris TS with warranty! It has a bit more mileage (11500 kilometers) than i first wanted but it was either an older model with low mileage or newer model with higher mileage. It may bo to early to say but i'm very pleased with the car. 

Thank you for the help! 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, testbil said:

Update: Bought a 2016 Toyota Auris TS with warranty! It has a bit more mileage (11500 kilometers) than i first wanted but it was either an older model with low mileage or newer model with higher mileage. It may bo to early to say but i'm very pleased with the car. 

Thank you for the help! 

Well done! Enjoy your new car. Some pictures will appreciate it if you would like to share with us. Good choice.👍

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Well done! Enjoy your new car. Some pictures will appreciate it if you would like to share with us. Good choice.👍

Do you mean 115,000 kms Jonas ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, john p williams said:

Do you mean 115,000 kms Jonas ?

Yes 🙃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Except for a stone chip in the windshield it seems to be in good condition! 

I only have this one i snapped outside the car dealership. 

asdsadsad.thumb.jpg.f9e886377e5188b19bcab614e9528607.jpg

Now I'm trying to figure out if the Toyota touch 2 has the latest firmware and how to update 🙂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, testbil said:

Except for a stone chip in the windshield it seems to be in good condition! 

I only have this one i snapped outside the car dealership. 

asdsadsad.thumb.jpg.f9e886377e5188b19bcab614e9528607.jpg

Now I'm trying to figure out if the Toyota touch 2 has the latest firmware and how to update 🙂 

Don`t figure anything out, just ask the Dealer and keep a record of what he tells you.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, john p williams said:

Don`t figure anything out, just ask the Dealer and keep a record of what he tells you.

Will do! 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links