Do Not Sell My Personal Information

12v battery could be damaged?

Hash2010

My wife's 2014 Yaris Hybrid was dead this morning. Internal light was left on for few days. AA engineer came and jump started the car. Asked me to take it directly to Toyota as the Battery could be damaged. He says that the 12v Battery in this car is quite small and easily gets damaged if run flat. Is this actually true? Has anyone experienced this? The car is running fine now. Should I still take it to Toyota and get it checked?

I did a similar thing with my last (2017) Yaris Hybrid and there was no lasting damage apparent although we were also doing a lot of long journeys through the year which helped to top it back up again. If you do a lot of short journeys, you may want to invest in one of these...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AA-Essentials-AA1432-Battery-Charger/dp/B084M5ZL5L/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=Solar-Powered+Car+Battery+Charger&qid=1607431625&quartzVehicle=29-405&replacementKeywords=solar-powered+car+battery&sr=8-7

...which connects directly to the OBDII socket and works even in normal daylight (doesn't require direct sunlight). Excellent piece of kit that does exactly what it says.

(don't go for the cheaper ones that do NOT have an OBDII connector option as they won't work in your Yaris with an ignition controlled accesory 12v socket)

My 12v Lexus Battery has gone flat 3 times, once was flat for 2 months.All started fine and without problem 

The Hybrid system will recharge it for you if you keep running it.