Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radio wont turn off when ignition key removed

Robert Edgley

Hello my son has a 2007 aygo blue and since tonight when he got to work and turned the car of and removed the key from the ignition the radio was still on and he could not turn it off could it be the ignition barrel on the way out

Hello my son has a 2007 aygo blue and since tonight when he got to work and turned the car of and removed the key from the ignition the radio was still on and he could not turn it off could it be the ignition barrel on the way out
Could be a shorting somewhere

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

The factory fitted radio has a feature where you can continue to use the radio or CD after you have removed the key from the barrel.

After the key has been removed, the radio unit should switch off as normal, but you can then press the power key and it will switch back on for a timed period of approximatley 30 minutes.

I think possibly that your radio unit has a malfunction and this feature is stuck on. Unfortunately, I do not know if the timing feature of the radio is executed internally, or dealt with by a relay elsewhere in the car.

52 minutes ago, fordulike said:

Unfortunately, I do not know if the timing feature of the radio is executed internally, or dealt with by a relay elsewhere in the car.

It's internal to the radio.

I would try disconnecting and reconnecting power to the radio in case it's internal firmware has gone AWOL.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links