Do Not Sell My Personal Information

new here. ST 1.8 Excel or 2.0 design

jukied

1 hour ago, jukied said:

thanks for all the replys guys. I am fairly certain I am going to order the 2.0 Design in manhattan grey, anyone else have that colour?.  I  havent managed to even sit in one yet though, been to a few dealers but all have been busy, social distancing etc etc.

I wanted to measure the height between the lowest point of the load cover and the floor of the boot. ideally I would like it o be more than 41 inches to fit my tool bag in with cover over.. dont suppose anyone has the answer ?

Good choice, it might just fit your toolbox but look at this review answer it’s there at around 12:30. Colour is very good too, I be seen it in person and looks modern and clean. 

👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jukied said:

I wanted to measure the height between the lowest point of the load cover and the floor of the boot. ideally I would like it o be more than 41 inches to fit my tool bag in with cover over.. dont suppose anyone has the answer ?

I can help with that - just measured mine and it’s 43 cm to the lowest point of the retractable cover, about 45 cm under the main part close to the rear seats

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RobDan said:

I can help with that - just measured mine and it’s 43 cm to the lowest point of the retractable cover, about 45 cm under the main part close to the rear seats

Thats great news ( of course i meant cm not inches) and thanks for measuring

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jukied said:

thanks for all the replys guys. I am fairly certain I am going to order the 2.0 Design in manhattan grey, anyone else have that colour?.  I  havent managed to even sit in one yet though, been to a few dealers but all have been busy, social distancing etc etc.

I have the 2.0 Design and I can tell you it's a dream machine. You will not be disappointed.  Mine is tyrol silver which looks great. I know I sound like a Toyota salesman but it's a fantastic piece of engineering. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bigblock said:

I have the 2.0 Design and I can tell you it's a dream machine. You will not be disappointed.  Mine is tyrol silver which looks great. I know I sound like a Toyota salesman but it's a fantastic piece of engineering. 

Glad you are pleased with it Michael.Any piccies ?

Toyota Salesmen,in my opinion do not sell cars.The cars sell themselves :):)

• Thanks 1

Manhattan Grey here 👍 it’s a stunning colour - a bit like Audi’s Nardo Grey, but metallic, and therefore changes under different light. 

Have a look on autotrader (restricting your search to grey) and you will see how it looks from different angles & lights. 

mine is Design spec, with the latest model year changes - pics in the MY21 thread pinned to the top of the Corolla forum. 

I originally wanted white, as I think the sharp front end looks better with white paint, but being a TS, I was worried it would look a bit. . . Erm ‘Uber’ 😯

• Thanks 1

Looks good Gray86, seats are a big improvement on the previous MY.

one more question does the Design have the blind spot monitoring , or do all models have it, not that I have needed it in 40 years of driving

13 minutes ago, jukied said:

Looks good Gray86, seats are a big improvement on the previous MY.

one more question does the Design have the blind spot monitoring , or do all models have it, not that I have needed it in 40 years of driving

My 2019 Excel doesn’t, which is surprising as it has so many other things, and this was the one item I specifically enquired about.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 7:55 AM, frizzbee30 said:

I do that kind of mileage  (pre covid 20,000 plus per year), and claim back HMRC rates.

I find the 2.0 actually makes money on mileage,  I need to do 43 min, with non-supermarket fuel to break even.

Currently with the cold weather 54 is easy, and when warmer 63 to 64 has been my average on a long run.

It easily equals, and even exceeds, my previous frugal  V40 2.0!

Would love to know how you got that mpg, on 2 recent runs on the A1 going one way at 65mph for 93 miles I averaged 49mpg and coming back at 75mph I averaged 44mpg. Both runs were on BP petrol. 

Maybe it's because my car still has less than 500miles on it. 

I posted the below response on a similar thread.  Thought I would link to it here just in case it is a concern for anyone else who may come across this thread while pondering the same decision.  I've had the opportunity to use the car on the motorway more since and found the 1.8l to be fine for cruising at 70mph and overtaking when needed.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Spinnerdcc said:

Would love to know how you got that mpg, on 2 recent runs on the A1 going one way at 65mph for 93 miles I averaged 49mpg and coming back at 75mph I averaged 44mpg. Both runs were on BP petrol. 

Maybe it's because my car still has less than 500miles on it. 

Hi, different speeds and mpg differs immediately if anything else remains the same. 44mpg it’s a bit on the down side IMO, should be 50+ on a long run , maybe more relaxed driving can help but as the 2.0 has more power than 1.8 the may like higher speeds and faster acceleration, all that comes at a price. 👍🚙

• Like 1

Thanks again guys, a bit of a hiccup , I sent my request for a 2.0 design in grey, only to be told the mettallic takes it over my allowance, if I want the that car it has to be solid white.  I suspect I would get the same response if I went for the 1.8 excel in grey as that is more expensive.

thinking my only option for a car in grey would be the 1.8 Design or the GR.

Not a lover of white but considering I spend nearly all my time inside it , I am thinking of going for the 2.0 in white

• Like 1

White looks really good on the Corolla I reckon. The bonus is that white is so easy to fix when it comes to touching up any paint chips. My previous Auris was pearl white and paint chips were a doddle. Stick with the 2.0 Design. You will love it.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I ended up ordering the 2.0 design in white, just before xmas, I dont think the order was put through till beginning of Jan, with an estimated delivery date of 1/3 which seems a bit quick, does that seem right ? a 2 month lead time?

4 minutes ago, jukied said:

I ended up ordering the 2.0 design in white, just before xmas, I dont think the order was put through till beginning of Jan, with an estimated delivery date of 1/3 which seems a bit quick, does that seem right ? a 2 month lead time?

Depending upon the detail of your required Spec, it could even be sitting in a compound in UK as we speak !

7 minutes ago, john p williams said:

Depending upon the detail of your required Spec, it could even be sitting in a compound in UK as we speak !

hadnt thought of that, as we have usually had to wait for up to 6 months when ordering previous new cars

12 minutes ago, jukied said:

hadn`t thought of that, as we have usually had to wait for up to 6 months when ordering previous new cars

When you receive it take out say, the ashtray and check the date of its production on its back. That will be close to the actual production date of the vehicle.

• Like 1

What ash tray?

The MyT app allows you to track the progress of your order from waiting, to production, to delivery.

Actual production only takes hours rather than days or weeks so how long you wait depends purely on number of back orders. My dealer suggested that there was an element of batching (e.g. they make a few of the same spec and colour at a time) which can slightly affect how long you are in the queue.

2 minutes ago, Geoff W said:

What ash tray?

The MyT app allows you to track the progress of your order from waiting, to production, to delivery.

Actual production only takes hours rather than days or weeks so how long you wait depends purely on number of back orders. My dealer suggested that there was an element of batching (e.g. they make a few of the same spec and colour at a time) which can slightly affect how long you are in the queue.

"What ash tray?".......or any plastic item that can be removed.

Yes, agreed. I was just amused to see a reference to an ashtray. Fortunately, these have all but disappeared from modern cars, although you can still pay for a nasty accessory to go in your cup holder if you really have to smoke whilst driving. The trendy thing appears to be to puff huge clouds of "vape" out the window whilst waiting at traffic lights!

Just now, Geoff W said:

Yes, agreed. I was just amused to see a reference to an ashtray. Fortunately, these have all but disappeared from modern cars, although you can still pay for a nasty accessory to go in your cup holder if you really have to smoke whilst driving. The trendy thing appears to be to puff huge clouds of "vape" out the window whilst waiting at traffic lights!

Just giving my age away Geoff.😊

• Thanks 1

I hope its a MY21 and not one thats been sitting for a while

There will be stickers in the engine bay, perhaps some on air con aluminium pipes, air filter box, shock absorbers mounting, engine mounting. My car has a lot of them. Been freshly registered after production date. Think yours will be same, these cars are selling fast now, people start realising that Toyota hybrids are Best Buy new cars at present time. 🚗🚙👍

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

That was quick, car just arrived and it is MY21, thanks for all the advice, just spent ages trying to connect Android auto though with no success1427701873_20210126_1436371.thumb.jpg.35f7a4e568cd4ff563029c952b5a6c18.jpg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jukied said:

That was quick, car just arrived and it is MY21, thanks for all the advice, just spent ages trying to connect Android auto though with no success1427701873_20210126_1436371.thumb.jpg.35f7a4e568cd4ff563029c952b5a6c18.jpg

Yeah. The TS looks great in white. Mine is silver but I'm going back to white next time round. Enjoy.

• Like 1