Do Not Sell My Personal Information

new here. ST 1.8 Excel or 2.0 design

jukied

17 minutes ago, jukied said:

That was quick, car just arrived and it is MY21, thanks for all the advice, just spent ages trying to connect Android auto though with no success1427701873_20210126_1436371.thumb.jpg.35f7a4e568cd4ff563029c952b5a6c18.jpg

Might be the cable you are using to connect for Android Auto? I ended up getting a new one as the connection was too intermittent with the one I had.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sonic_D said:

Might be the cable you are using to connect for Android Auto? I ended up getting a new one as the connection was too intermittent with the one I had.

will try another cable, was getting fed up and cold. Is there only the one usb port in the centre console. 

28 minutes ago, bigblock said:

Yeah. The TS looks great in white. Mine is silver but I'm going back to white next time round. Enjoy.

This is it, nice looking auto., and the only time you can see a Toyota on lorry like that.👍🚙

Pearl white , the oem Toyota colour IMO, daytime looks white and night time looks silver , nest of both 👍😊🙏

hi jukied, did you buy this without test driving it, and just took a chance, I have been after one for three months but the dealerships won't let me visit.

2 hours ago, jukied said:

will try another cable, was getting fed up and cold. Is there only the one usb port in the centre console. 

There is another in the armrest, but that’s only for charging devices. 

congrats on the new motor! First time I’ve seen another MY21, the new wheels look good on the white 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hayalgoparati1878 said:

hi jukied, did you buy this without test driving it, and just took a chance, I have been after one for three months but the dealerships won't let me visit.

I didnt buy it (company car), I did visit a few dealers but it was appt only so never got a chance to even sit in one, will be doing 150  miles today so will find out if it "fits"

12 hours ago, Gray86 said:

There is another in the armrest, but that’s only for charging devices. 

congrats on the new motor! First time I’ve seen another MY21, the new wheels look good on the white 

its the one in the arm rest I am using, I thought it may be the wrong one as it says charging on it, I didnt see another though and as it was dark and cold I gave up, will try again today

1 hour ago, jukied said:

its the one in the arm rest I am using, I thought it may be the wrong one as it says charging on it, I didnt see another though and as it was dark and cold I gave up, will try again today

The other one is on the lower part of the dashboard, below the heater controls. Not easy to find unless you are looking for it 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gray86 said:

The other one is on the lower part of the dashboard, below the heater controls. Not easy to find unless you are looking for it 

found it thanks, certainly not obvious

Hi, I've just been reading this post as I have just ordered a 1.8 touring sport design Tyrol grey (company car) I'm impressed that yours was delivered within a month. Cant wait for mine😆

As for a test drive, I had no problem at my local dealers, Steven Egall Wolverhampton.  They loaned a 1.8 excel tourer for an hour, (i had just had my current car serviced and asked whilst I was there).

Was very pleased with the drive. Really comfortable,  cannot fault them. Hope mine arrives soon.

• Like 3

hi stuart how long did you drive the car, and did you go on the motorway.

Nice car, enjoy. Like the wheels!

2 hours ago, hayalgoparati1878 said:

hi stuart how long did you drive the car, and did you go on the motorway.

No I didn’t go on the motorway unfortunately. I did stretch her legs along a 50 mph duel carriageway exceeding the speed limit a little. I drove for about 45mins and averaged 59mph with a mixture of town traffic. 

i test drove a 2.0 version in the silver colour, before xmas,but the fuel light come on after 5 mins so i took it back, i now know that you have at least 30 mile of fuel left before it conks out, i wanted another drive but the 3rd lockdown happened so i have to wait, the little drive i remember it was really smooth and quite.

• Like 1

but the sport seats were a bit awkward to get in and out, and i am only 5ft 10, i banged my head the first time i jumped in, on the top of the door opening, god knows how a really big guy would cope.

12 minutes ago, hayalgoparati1878 said:

but the sport seats were a bit awkward to get in and out, and i am only 5ft 10, i banged my head the first time i jumped in, on the top of the door opening, god knows how a really big guy would cope.

Was it the GR spec you had? The Excel seats were really supportive that I was driving and I didn’t see any problems? I would love the 2.0 however I need the boot space for work and the Avensis I have at the moment the boot is full of tools and spares for my job😳

I was offered a focus estate from work before Xmas that was an automatic diesel as sadly we had to make an engineer redundant. I had it for about 3 days, couldn’t believe how uncomfortable and skittish on the motorway!  

Excel spec mate, a few people have a few things to say over the sports seats, don't get me wrong when you're in them they seem dead comfy, i have been used to big cars and vans that have a lot of wriggle room, but i still want one tho😀

• Like 1