Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where to buy an exhaust??

Litening

I have a 2011 Verso S 'T Spirit' 1.3, which I have owned for 4 months.  The other day I noticed the exhaust was blowing and on investigation I found a leak in the body of the silencer which had been repaired previously.  The repair had been secured with, of all things, plastic cable ties, which have now melted, surprise surprise, and resulted in the blow.  

I found the silencer is part of a long section of pipe which would all need replacing, but I can't find one.  I've searched the internet high and low and even my local Budget Exhausts cannot find a replacement.

Have any of you Verso enthusiasts encountered this problem and if so, how did you resolve it?  Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks Stivino, as you say, in an emergency, but repaired silencers are never ideal, are they?

Surely your local Toyota dealer could help.?

Yes, I thought that.  I'm waiting for a reply to my enquiry, from them.  But apparently the price from the main dealer is £647 + VAT + labour!!!  It's no wonder its been repaired previously.

52 minutes ago, Litening said:

Thanks Stivino, as you say, in an emergency, but repaired silencers are never ideal, are they?

No, they are never ideal.  But, as it has had plastic ties for at least four months, it could buy you some more time until you decide what to do.

A new Toyota part will be expensive but it will be good quality.  A Kwik Fit quality part will be less expensive but not as good quality.  I guess you already know those things.

Think the issue re the lack of third party exhausts is that the Verso S only sold in low numbers - only selling 2244 between 2011 and 2013 - and this was the reason Toyota ceased imports.Could probably get a custom system for less than the price quoted by your dealer.

• Like 1

Thanks Frostyballs (sounds chilly), I think you are probably correct regarding the availability, so what you suggest is probably going to be the answer.

Many thanks for all responses.

Back box or mid pipe ?

Edit.

The high price is because the cat is part of that pipe

Just found an aftermarket listing using the Toyota part No. 17410-47130

1694119357_versosexhaust.thumb.jpg.fc91f0aaf71fed40ad699a57c553683b.jpg

You could speak Euroflo they can make to order if they have the pattern

most exhaust places will be able to put a universal box on and weld it up if the pipework is good

• Like 1

Thanks Frostyballs (sounds chilly), I think you are probably correct regarding the availability, so what you suggest is probably going to be the answer.

Many thanks for all responses.

Update 10/12/20:  Thank you flash22, good suggestion, and all other contributors.  The problem has now been resolved by Budget Exhausts in Carlisle.  I took it in, showed them the problem and they fixed it by welding in another similar sized silencer.  Completed within an hour at a cost of £45, many thanks to them and to all you Verso S enthusiasts.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links