Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2020 Toyota Yaris Hybrid (launch edition)

TomToyota94

Hey all,

I recently got loaned the new Yaris hybrid launch edition from my local dealer (Helensburgh Toyota). I must say that I am very impressed with the way that the car rode and how punchy the powertrain is off the line around town. In my opinion it is a pretty decent move forward over the last gen Yaris.

I also liked the heads up display & the funky Tokyo Fusion red paint is pretty awesome too!

What do you guys think of the new Yaris Hybrid?

IMG_2710.JPG

IMG_2720.JPG

• Thanks 2

I also made a wee video on this Yaris if anyone is interested in seeing the car in depth?

• Like 1

Thank you Thomas.Good to see you on here too.

SC430, OK ?

• Like 1

The car is 10/10. Air conditioning  1/10  I found that the air con of my new Yaris  is behaving a bit weird. Didn’t happen on my previous one. 

I would like to know on how many degrees you set up your air conditioning? 

• Like 1

The car is amazing, never driven one but start seen them around and really Toyota done a good job here. Corolla, Yaris seems like are best in class cars not only with driving experience but overall design and materials IMO., plus functionality. For the air con recently was cold and car air cons even turned ON may not kick in and work if air temperature outside is below 4C° to prevent internal damage in the system due to ice. Once the engine warm up the engine bay and sensors detect higher temp will switch on air compressor and fresh dry air will be flown into the cabin. I personally never use AC in winter as no need really unless you need to demise your windscreen quickly. Heating set at 22C° , air blow toward windows and feet, speed fan at two bars, no auto settings but the car still maintain its temperature perfectly. 👍

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 3:12 PM, john p williams said:

Thank you Thomas.Good to see you on here too.

SC430, OK ?

Urgh the SC 430 is in the garage for most of winter, I was actually about to log onto Lexus today as the coolant has been emptying whilst being parked up 😕

How are you doing?

• Like 1

Just now, TonyHSD said:

The car is amazing, never driven one but start seen them around and really Toyota done a good job here. Corolla, Yaris seems like are best in class cars not only with driving experience but overall design and materials IMO., plus functionality. For the air con recently was cold and car air cons even turned ON may not kick in and work if air temperature outside is below 4C° to prevent internal damage in the system due to ice. Once the engine warm up the engine bay and sensors detect higher temp will switch on air compressor and fresh dry air will be flown into the cabin. I personally never use AC in winter as no need really unless you need to demise your windscreen quickly. Heating set at 22C° , air blow toward windows and feet, speed fan at two bars, no auto settings but the car still maintain its temperature perfectly. 👍

It is a great car, I was really impressed by it!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, G6-R said:

I bought one and its being deliverd 2-01-2021😁

Congratulations! What colour/ spec did you go for? 😄

Glad to hear that your air con works  properly. Unfortunately my doesn’t. I can’t keep it on 22 because it goes up to 34 degrees inside. I end buying one air thermometer because I thought it was me. But  definitely something happen with my air con. Didn’t happen on my previous model 2018. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Luis Volcan said:

Glad to hear that your air con works  properly. Unfortunately my doesn’t. I can’t keep it on 22 because it goes up to 34 degrees inside. I end buying one air thermometer because I thought it was me. But  definitely something happen with my air con. Didn’t happen on my previous model 2018. 

Maybe take it to the garage to get looked at? or try with air con off then on in the sportiest setting once car has heated up?

Just now, TomToyota94 said:

Maybe take it to the garage to get looked at? or try with air con off then on in the sportiest setting once car has heated up?

3 investigation have been done by Toyota a 4 th one is booked for next week. They insisted that nothing is wrong. Unbelievable really because is obvious. Hopefully next week they will finally fine out. Thank you anyway

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2020 at 5:25 PM, Luis Volcan said:

3 investigation have been done by Toyota a 4 th one is booked for next week. They insisted that nothing is wrong. Unbelievable really because is obvious. Hopefully next week they will finally fine out. Thank you anyway

How did you get on?

On 12/11/2020 at 6:03 PM, TomToyota94 said:

Congratulations! What colour/ spec did you go for? 😄

Yaris Launch Edition 2021.jpg

20210102_112402.jpg

That looks very orange - I just come across a 2020 launch edition for sale with 5k miles on in £16,500 so a big chunk off new, and 2 with under 1k miles for £18K

• Like 2

Colour is very nice, some Neighbors got same car and stands out on the street. 🚗👍

Couple of questions and a couple of points.

Are the headlights any better than the crap HIR2's?

Is the driver's seat height adjustable?

That heads up display is obtrusive and detracts from the forward visibility.  We're not all tall people, and our Yaris is terrible for seeing out of the windows when parking or manoeuvring.   Height adjustable driver's seat would be a boon due to that, but it's yet another device for the driver to use taking his/her mind and eyes off the road.

I see they still haven't made more storage internally.  For instance, the glove box it pitiful on ours.

Sorry for being disparaging.

Mick.

• Like 1

My launch edition has both adjustable seats in the FRONT

11 hours ago, G6-R said:

My launch edition has both adjustable seats in the FRONT

Excellent!  😀
I was considering using a cushion in ours but it wouldn't be that comfortable perhaps.  Considering ours is an Excel - top of the range - I would have thought that the at least the driver's seat would raise, but it doesn't, sadly.

Glad yours does.  At least Toyota have thought about it.

Mick.

Can you dim the HUD or even turn it off? Somewhere in the settings maybe.

3 hours ago, Catlover said:

Can you dim the HUD or even turn it off? Somewhere in the settings maybe.

I believe All cars HUD can be turned off , it is ultra distracting at least for me , tried few times and I had headaches afterwards, it’s like watching your phone while you are driving, takes your attention away from the road IMO. When up in the skies on aircraft it’s completely different as you have nothing much to worry about near you but driving in town with projects on your screen?! 

I am ok with it Tony. In my Prius, and the wifes Astra you can adjust the position on the screen to suit driver seat height/and driver. Upand down - Yes, left and right - No. I can also dimm the brightness.

• Like 1

I have the design model with Pearl red paint job and moon roof car drives like a larger car also has radar so car can drive it’s self also with cruise control so no hands no feet and slows down and stops etc etc 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 6:20 PM, G6-R said:

Yaris Launch Edition 2021.jpg

20210102_112402.jpg

Looks great! Just wondering, if you look at the radiator coolant resevoir in the engine bay, can you see if there's anything in it?

Both me and another poster have noticed it's impossible to see the contents from the engine bay