Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2020 Toyota Yaris Hybrid (launch edition)

TomToyota94

On 1/30/2021 at 10:58 AM, TonyHSD said:

I believe All cars HUD can be turned off , it is ultra distracting at least for me , tried few times and I had headaches afterwards, it’s like watching your phone while you are driving, takes your attention away from the road IMO. When up in the skies on aircraft it’s completely different as you have nothing much to worry about near you but driving in town with projects on your screen?! 

It is much safer using a HUD than looking down at the speedometer. It is also an option so you can either not buy it or turn it off 👍

• Like 1

On 1/31/2021 at 10:12 PM, Mikw said:

Looks great! Just wondering, if you look at the radiator coolant resevoir in the engine bay, can you see if there's anything in it?

Both me and another poster have noticed it's impossible to see the contents from the engine bay

Is the radiator coolant reservoir translucent?? I would have thought so, and the rad coolant is a colour is’nt it? That would mean you can see the level of the coolant without taking the top off and peering in.

Sadly no. You can only see the full mark on the reservoir, any lower level (mid and Low levels) are totally obscured unless you get a torch and a mirror on an extending rod! Even then it is rather difficult exercise.  Toyota appear to have not considered about the owner casually looking to see the level.  That is the reason that the other post perhaps suggested that there may only be one shared coolant reservoir.  

9 hours ago, Scorpio58 said:

Sadly no. You can only see the full mark on the reservoir, any lower level (mid and Low levels) are totally obscured unless you get a torch and a mirror on an extending rod! Even then it is rather difficult exercise.  Toyota appear to have not considered about the owner casually looking to see the level.  That is the reason that the other post perhaps suggested that there may only be one shared coolant reservoir.  

Agreed. I can't make out if there's any coolant in mine at all. There must be because the car hasn't overheated, but i can only view the very top of the reservoir bottle and really can't make out if there's any liquid in it at all. Not exactly reassuring for when i take my first long drive when lockdown travel restrictions are lifted.

If Toyota are anything to go by historically, my wife and I have had 2 Aygos, a Yaris, CHR and Corolla 2.0 Excel Pano. Apart from the atrocious build quality of the Corolla Pano (trim loose internally and external weather seals coming off together with more interior rattles in doors and dash than I could care to mention), all others have been exceptional and have never needed much attention beyond dealer servicing. None have needed coolant or oil between services and I have only filled the current Yaris to just below the F mark as it provides a reference point to compensate for the lack of visibility of any other marks. 

As for the 4th Gen model, it is a very significant improvement over the previous model (most new cars are?). However, the new model is rather expensive by comparison and I would suggest that a prospective buyer would need to carefully consider the price premium vs benefits and whether it works for them. To be honest, if we had not had a maniac in a car with defective brakes rear-end us at about 60 mph on the A303, I suspect we would still have our previous Yaris!  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links