Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shifting Concerning

Hossam1516

Hey, i'm new here in this Forum, So, Welcome for all of you

I have Toyota Avensis 2008 1.6 L, i have a question in shifting and i would like to know, Is that Normal ?

when i press to the clutch and immediately put the car in gear first gear, the shifter it's like sketchy means that there's like small resist then it's go to the gear and i try this in different gear like in the fifth gear the gear it won't get in it, i feel there's a resist and this resist pulled away by the time and when i press the clutch and wait like few seconds and put the car in gear it goes like butter in every gear so i would like to know, Is that Normal ?

Is your problem when starting from cold ie the first start of the day, or after the car has had a good run and is still warm when you start.

Yeah i have the same thing

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Catlover said:

Is your problem when starting from cold ie the first start of the day, or after the car has had a good run and is still warm when you start.

yeah when the car is cold

Maybe a gearbox oil change could improve matters.

or in the far past (many years ago), before starting the engine, just snick the gear lever into all the gears one by one.  Used to make things better, but maybe we on different circumstances. 

• Like 1