Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Map update 2020 V2 is available

Timmon

Had a quick look on the Toyota portal this afternoon, and Version 2 of the 2020 map is available for download. I wondered if there would be an update due to the disruption this year, but as we approach the end of 2020, they made it!

• Like 3

Thanks for the heads up on the map update. I knew it was due anytime now but also wondered if Toyota would let it lapse untill later. Like you say, they made it.

• Like 1

Only problem I am having is that on the portal, OTA installation (for all purchases) is the only option at the moment. I don't have that option, so maybe Toyota is doing some work on the portal and download to a stick will be available next week. 

Correction, all OK now! The map update appeared in a section called "Inactive purchases", so I needed to accept the terms and conditions, and then the download option appeared. Took about half an hour for it to appear, which threw me. Downloading now.

I started the download to PC and saw that it was a 12gb download so I stopped it and will download again when I have more time. The download to USB  tab works for me but it's actually downloading to my PC which can be confusing for any fisrt time user.Then from PC to USB stick manually as I normally do.

• Like 1

Yes, it's a big file. I am working at my PC, so will let it run, transfer to stick and do the update tomorrow I expect, when I have an hour to be with the car. I think a few people are downloading, the estimated completion varies from 46 minutes to 4 hours at the moment! 😁 1.2gig of 12 downloaded so far.

I wonder if it finally has the A43 to Banbury road stretch of the A422 at 60mph? I swear I corrected this twice because the first correction got partially reverted.

• Like 1

27 minutes left. All those mouse clicks. As ever I am in awe of the idiocy of the Toyota eStore designers.

image.thumb.png.c8bea9e6768472cc3a4e985dfdfb0366.png

I hope it includes the full maps for Mars and Pluto...

You should have an award for service to Toyota Nav maps Andru! I have just come back to PC and now transferring the FMU file to the stick. That will take another 30 minutes. Update the car tomorrow I expect, another hour...

• Like 1

Hello,

I am completely new to this as I only bought my car today! 

does this mean that you can download software updates for the car and install them yourself, without needing to go to the garage? Can anyone do this, and does it require any special equipment?

thank you!

You can install map updates (released twice a year) but firmware updates usually have to be done by the dealer.

If you have a 2020 Corolla I believe it can download updates over wifi which makes life a little easier.

USB instructions:

3 hours and counting...

This is ridiculous. You have been warned!

• Sad 1

This was by far the easiest yet.  OTA 48 minutes from the car telling me that the update was available and all complete. Toyota must have improved something, last time it took nearly 2 hours.

• Like 1

Actual update via stick took me about  one hour 8 minutes. Plenty of time to check tyre pressures to extinguish the tyre pressure warning light, fill the washer bottle, have a good dust inside within the limits of the bad weather today, and listen to a bit of radio 2! Always worried if I leave it, some chancer will jump in and drive off, and I don't travel far enough these days to update on the road. At least the 12 volt Battery should be fully charged, if it was not already.

There is a problem with my map update.

After I got the AA/CarPlay FW update few months ago, an option for auto check and auto download of map updates appeared in settings (to download maps directly from car).

And this morning when I started the car, I got a popup that update (around 120MB) is available. So I started the update.

First usability issue - once download starts, there is no visible indication of progress. You need to go to settings- online account- map update and scroll down to the end to see the download percentages.

When it finished, it started showing there installation progress and at the end showed there “waiting for restart “.

I turned the car off and on again and I got a brief message “Successfully updated”, but then another one saying “map too old, full download required. Visit my.toyota.eu”...

So here’s the second issue - opening this redirects directly to page saying this is discontinued and to visit retailers website...

And the third issue - on my retailer website, on my account and then e-store (where previous map version was downloaded), when I try to download the only map download visible, it says I have already downloaded it...And in purchase history, there no-more download option. Only guidance how to download OTA...ftw...

Definitely something is messed up with their map update process...

320E783D-EA59-4EA2-9E40-BABB6F289ECD.jpeg

2B5A442D-D782-4C83-8D46-6B3328882814.jpeg

Screenshot 2020-12-13 at 15.19.16.png

Screenshot 2020-12-13 at 15.18.58.png

Bad luck Nikolay. I remember you had a few issues during the Android Auto installation. Maybe the dealer who did it needs to do the update for you this first time. Can you try the download on to stick method, will that work for you, or must you update over the air? Is the current map version showing as 2020 V1?

Finally done! Four hours and ten minutes! In the end I just parked the car in the garage with the door partially open and left it to it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Timmon said:

Bad luck Nikolay. I remember you had a few issues during the Android Auto installation. Maybe the dealer who did it needs to do the update for you this first time. Can you try the download on to stick method, will that work for you, or must you update over the air? Is the current map version showing as 2020 V1?

That is the problem - website does not allow me to download. There is no download button anymore.

And OTA did something partial and asked to make “full download “ whatever that means...

6 hours ago, AndrueC said:

Finally done! Four hours and ten minutes! In the end I just parked the car in the garage with the door partially open and left it to it.

Did you do the 2020 V1 update Andru? I remember you said you might not bother. If not, maybe the previous update has to extract at the same time so it took longer for you?

5 hours ago, OXYGEN said:

That is the problem - website does not allow me to download. There is no download button anymore.

And OTA did something partial and asked to make “full download “ whatever that means...

I can send you a link to my downloaded 2020 V2 update if you like? It is the zipped file to download to your PC, then extract the FMU folder to your formatted stick. Let me know, it is 12 gig, so it may take a while to download from my back up supplier. That is assuming the file is OK to use on your updated system.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Timmon said:

Did you do the 2020 V1 update Andru? I remember you said you might not bother. If not, maybe the previous update has to extract at the same time so it took longer for you?

Good point, I skipped the last update. The only other thing I think of is that I used a USB HDD rather than a stick. The HDD seemed plenty fast enough when transferring the download as it only took 15 minutes but maybe the car doesn't provide as much power and the HDD transfers slower?

I don't know, but next time I'll spend more time looking for a stick rather than just grabbing a spare HDD.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Timmon said:

I can send you a link to my downloaded 2020 V2 update if you like? It is the zipped file to download to your PC, then extract the FMU folder to your formatted stick. Let me know, it is 12 gig, so it may take a while to download from my back up supplier. That is assuming the file is OK to use on your updated system.

Thank you for offering help.

I managed somehow after several hours navigating through toyota website to get the download and installed it.
Unfortunately even after that, when I start the car and auto update checks for new maps, I get that weird message that map is too old...
Maybe it's time to contact dealer...

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, OXYGEN said:

Thank you for offering help.

I managed somehow after several hours navigating through toyota website to get the download and installed it.
Unfortunately even after that, when I start the car and auto update checks for new maps, I get that weird message that map is too old...
Maybe it's time to contact dealer...

Yes, let us know what happens, what a pain.

• Like 1

Successfully updated to 2020 v2 this afternoon. It took 1 hour 13 minutes to load in from usb stick. Looks like everything is working as it should again. 

Excuse the ignorance, but where do you download the new update from on the estore.  I have "purchased" the new update (£0) but can't thereafter find where or how to download the file onto my Mac to transfer it onto a usb stick.  Do I have to solely download it from my vehicle's multimedia system.

thanks in advance