Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Map update 2020 V2 is available

Timmon

1 hour ago, Bluetrain303 said:

Excuse the ignorance, but where do you download the new update from on the estore.  I have "purchased" the new update (£0) but can't thereafter find where or how to download the file onto my Mac to transfer it onto a usb stick.  Do I have to solely download it from my vehicle's multimedia system.

thanks in advance

This is in e-store and then purchase history (or something like that, not sure how it is called in English) tab.

Check my screenshot from previous post. On that exact screen there should be a download button.  I also spent a lot of time, different browsers, clearing cache, etc. before being able to see the button.
Could be the same issue with you.

5 hours ago, Bluetrain303 said:

Excuse the ignorance, but where do you download the new update from on the estore.  I have "purchased" the new update (£0) but can't thereafter find where or how to download the file onto my Mac to transfer it onto a usb stick.  Do I have to solely download it from my vehicle's multimedia system.

thanks in advance

OK David I will try and make this as simple as I can. Here goes. First log in to My Toyota website. As you have already purchased the new update you need to go into the estore again. Once there look for 'purchases' near the top of the page. Go into this page and you will get a list of what you have purchased. You should see the 2020 V2 map update showing in the list. Double click on it and it will open up to show a code you will need when you update to your vehicle. Also you will see a tab saying DOWNLOAD TO USB. Click on this and the file will download to your computer. It's a big 12gb zip file and will take some time depending on your broadband speed. Once downloaded from the website to computer you must click on the zip file to reveal the FMU folder. Drag the complete FMU folder to an empty usb stick that has at least 16gb of free space. This will also take a while to complete as the files are now un-zipping. Once the FMU folder is on the usb stick you can plug it into the usb vehicle slot and follow instructions on your sat nav screen. This is were you will need that code I mentioned earlier to authenticate the map update before it can start to download into the vehicle. This also takes a while (1h 13mins for me). Make sure you have the vehicle in ready mode while the map update is happening and be patient. That's it. Wow a need a rest. Hope this helps you and others too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigblock said:

...Drag the complete FMU folder to an empty usb stick that has at least 16gb of free space.

That's useful info, Michael, thanks, I was wondering if you do that or drag the individual files from the FMU folder. I downloaded the 12-gig zipfile earlier today, tomorrow comes the update install.

One note on the USB stick - make sure it's formatted as FAT32 per Toyota's download page. On a Windows PC that's not usually the default for USB sticks (typically it's NTFS).

toyota2020v2mapupdate.png

2 hours ago, bigblock said:

Go into this page and you will get a list of what you have purchased. You should see the 2020 V2 map update showing in the list. Double click on it and it will open up to show a code you will need when you update to your vehicle. Also you will see a tab saying DOWNLOAD TO USB. Click on this and the file will download to your computer. 

I've downloaded the file to computer but didn't spot the code.  Is it recoverable from anywhere?  Going back in to purchase just confirms already purchased with no apparent way to see any code details.

Les. Go back into estore. Go to purchased. Find the 2020 v2 map update in the list. Click on it and you will see a long 22 digit code made up of letters and numbers. Plus you get the option to print it out if you click on the print code tab. Everything is still there and you can even download the whole map update again if you need to.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bigblock said:

Les. Go back into estore. Go to purchased. Find the 2020 v2 map update in the list. Click on it and you will see a long 22 digit code made up of letters and numbers. Plus you get the option to print it out if you click on the print code tab. Everything is still there and you can even download the whole map update again if you need to.

Cheers Michael,  I did not initially see the Purchase option at the top of the screen.

On 12/14/2020 at 10:27 AM, Timmon said:

Yes, let us know what happens, what a pain.

Well, dealer was unable to fix it. But said I am not the only customer with this problem and they have sent the complaints to Toyota with full logs, etc.

Seems that Toyota messed something on their backend side with these OTA updates...

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Bluetrain303 said:

thanks in advance

David, in the e-Store page, click or tap the 'Purchases' menu item at top left of your screen. You'll then get a list of items available to you including the maps update you purchased. See the screenshot below from my PC. Note the middle link at bottom saying 'Download to USB.' A bit confusing - you don't have to download to a USB stick but to your computer's hard drive. Once you've got the file, then follow the guide from the 'Download Instructions' link.

[Edit] Just noticed that @OXYGEN and @bigblock already answered this question. Sorry, duplicate. Still, someone else might find it helpful esp the screenshot.

estoremapupdatepurchase-2020-12-16_09-23-04.png

Edited by Luke717
Added some text mentioning previous responses.

well my issue is that i "purchased" the 2020 v2 map update and when i go to Purchases it says i have no purchases and i need to make one.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eStore/purchased

The purchase is listed in payment history and i can view the invoice.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eStore/paymentHistory

image.thumb.png.aeb97065fdf2762ec767003fecf1155e.png

Any thoughts?

I have the AA retrofit and i've not tried getting it via the car yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bewA said:

well my issue is that i "purchased" the 2020 v2 map update and when i go to Purchases it says i have no purchases and i need to make one.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eStore/purchased

The purchase is listed in payment history and i can view the invoice.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eStore/paymentHistory

image.thumb.png.aeb97065fdf2762ec767003fecf1155e.png

Any thoughts?

I have the AA retrofit and i've not tried getting it via the car yet.

I don't get this. If you have purchased the 2020 v2 map update then it has to be in the purchased section. Never had this problem. Weird. Have you had an email from Toyota stating that you have indeed made a purchase? Toyota send this to confirm it even though it's a free purchase.

23 minutes ago, bigblock said:

I don't get this. If you have purchased the 2020 v2 map update then it has to be in the purchased section. Never had this problem. Weird. Have you had an email from Toyota stating that you have indeed made a purchase? Toyota send this to confirm it even though it's a free purchase.

yep had the confirmation email with the purchase!

11 hours ago, OXYGEN said:

Well, dealer was unable to fix it. But said I am not the only customer with this problem and they have sent the complaints to Toyota with full logs, etc.

Seems that Toyota messed something on their backend side with these OTA updates...

Who applied the AA/CP update and can you remember what the map version was before tried the map update

10 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Who applied the AA/CP update and can you remember what the map version was before tried the map update

Dealer applied it.
I believe before the update, it was 2020 V1. 
If it matters (because I have heard it several times in my dealership to make such distinction), navigation was installed/activated (whatever the actual action is) after car was delivered to dealer, not during manufacturing.

Same here, dealer applied AA/ACP update and car has the map 2020 v1. My Toyota portal tells me that I have no purchases. Got the e-mail and can see the transaction in history, if try to buy it again, tells me that I already bought it. Got two updates in the past with no issues.

I've updated the map on my Corolla from 2020v1 to 2020v2. Given that the guide on the Toyota website spoke of the car needing to be in a powered state and the feeling that the update process would probably take an hour or more, I decided to go for a drive while the update installer did its thing.

The process took an hour and 15 minutes in all, from inserting the USB stick into the USB port in the car to the 'success' message on screen when all was done. All quite straightforward although there are some big differences in what the instructions on the Toyota website said and what I actually saw on the car's head unit screen. One major difference was that the website instructions say you need to choose your country. In my case, there was no such option so I assume it's installed the UK map! Not too hard to figure out all the steps, though, although a hurdle was a screen saying I had to visit a specific Toyota website to get an activation code. But as I already had one from the E-Store when downloading the zipfile, I just hit the 'Continue' button which was the right thing to do.

One final note. I've not really used the Toyota maps feature since getting my car in June, preferring the map feature in Android Auto. In my view, this tool is hard to beat especially inputting a location to navigate to. What a convoluted procedure in the Toyota map! This update doesn't change my opinion at all. With Android Auto, you can talk to the device in plain English with simple phrases like "drive to Sainsburys" or "let's go to Guildford."

In any case, my car's now running  the latest map. Does anyone know if there are release notes anywhere? Nothing shows up on any Toyota website or an online search. I'd love to see exactly what's new in this update apart from perhaps obvious ones like map corrections or changes (and if there are those, exactly what).

2-mapupdate-20201216_103041.jpg

1-mapupdate-20201216_102533.jpg

3-mapupdate-20201216_114018.jpg

4-mapupdate-20201216_114157.jpg

Forgive me for not having read every reply in full detail, but I upgraded my maps from 2020 V1 to V2 today simply by pressing the ‘update’ button on the infotainment display. It was taking WiFi from my tethered iPhone. I didn’t have to ‘purchase’ anything and it was all done via the car screen; just a single tap and again to ‘ok’ that I wanted to update.

it took about 5 minutes to download and about 10 to install. 

1 hour ago, AKLZ said:

it took about 5 minutes to download and about 10 to install. 

I wonder if we're looking at a different situation. The method described on the E-Store website gives the instructions for downloading the map for a compressed zipfile that contains four .iso files. The zipfile is 12 gigabytes more or less that you download from a computer via its browser. 12 gigs in 5 mins is doable with a high-speed broadband connection such as from Virgin Media, but typically would take a lot longer to download than 5 mins especially via wifi.

What does the software info screen show in your head unit's display? Maybe it is different if you download and install directly in the car. Have you tried the map navigation? All good?

Hi, I’d be happy to take a photo tomorrow and upload it. Sorry, I can’t answer your other points, but I was just scrolling through the menus and exploiting and just saw an ‘update’ button and it said it would download and install Map Update 2020 V2 (from 2020 V1). I didn’t think much of it having only consciously seen this thread after the fact. I’ll look into exactly what I did tomorrow and will report back.

PS I do remember it said the download was 200(ish) MB. Perhaps it was some other update? Sorry I can’t be more precise!

"map too old, full download required. Visit my.toyota.eu” --> had the same error message when trying to do the online update. I just reinstalled (full update again with the same version) from the same USB memory (12GB of data) which took another hour, and the problem was resolved. Next time I checked online the message was "Maps are up to date". The issue seem to arise, when a partial online update of a map or some maps was done, before fully updating using USB memory.

• Like 1

Map successfully updated!  What a faff. Like others above, my purchase disappeared after I printed off the validation code. After trying other browsers with the same result I found that if you opened e-shop in a new tab then the 'purchases' option reappeared and I was able to download it to my pc. Uploading it to the car was straightforward, although I recommend that you get out of the car and walk around while it goes through the validation phase - stressful or what?. Once it gets underway you have about an hour and a quarter, just long enough to wash and polish the car.

Just updated mine from a USB stick (used wifi hotspot for previous update), pretty straightforward when ignoring the 'official' instructions.  Started washing the car whilst it was loading then it started to rain heavily, oh well, helped with the rinsing😀 I couldn't stretch the wash to cover the full installation so ended up looking at the screen from 11/21 onwards.  Did not initially realise that my clock displays had paused during the update process until the news came on the radio.

• 2 months later...

Hi

Hi,

My Car is a Toyota Corolla Hybrid which I bought in March 1 2020

I am trying to do a Map Upgrade, my current map database navdb is dated  2019v2- I have a 3 year free upgrade.  I have downloaded the ZIP file from MYTOYOTA and obtained a licence key.  I unzipped the file directly to the USB stick (which is a USB 2 with 32 GByte capacity) and when completed I inserted it into the media port of my car while the READY light was on.  I get a message saying"Checking USB device - Please wait" and then .. Nothing!

I have tried this with 2 different different USB sticks having formatted them both in FAT 32 (One on my MAC and the other on a Windows 10 PC.  I get the same result on both.  I am very frustrated and my local Toyota dealer in Horsham cannot help as they say they only have their licence key.  

When unzipped the USB stick has a directory 6.16.OH at the root and all the files are under that directory.  Has anyone seen similar issues?  Can anyone help me get this download done?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PoppaP said:

Hi

Hi,

My Car is a Toyota Corolla Hybrid which I bought in March 1 2020

I am trying to do a Map Upgrade, my current map database navdb is dated  2019v2- I have a 3 year free upgrade.  I have downloaded the ZIP file from MYTOYOTA and obtained a licence key.  I unzipped the file directly to the USB stick (which is a USB 2 with 32 GByte capacity) and when completed I inserted it into the media port of my car while the READY light was on.  I get a message saying"Checking USB device - Please wait" and then .. Nothing!

I have tried this with 2 different different USB sticks having formatted them both in FAT 32 (One on my MAC and the other on a Windows 10 PC.  I get the same result on both.  I am very frustrated and my local Toyota dealer in Horsham cannot help as they say they only have their licence key.  

When unzipped the USB stick has a directory 6.16.OH at the root and all the files are under that directory.  Has anyone seen similar issues?  Can anyone help me get this download done?

Luke17, Oxygen and others give detailed instructions further up the thread i.e. no need to download to USB, download to computer first then drag the 'FMU' folder onto the USB  stick (the FMU folder contains 4 ISO files). Then follow the instructions for installation in the car.