Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Map update 2020 V2 is available

Timmon

Hi Luke

Thank you for the reply, but my problem is that after downloading Version 6.16 0H Dated 26/2/2021 There is absolutely no folder called FMU.  I have seen many references that this folder is key but my directory structure looks like this.  Do you recognise this as the correct file? Many thanks

Screen Shot 

Check in your 'purchases' what version you have downloaded, mine is shown below, which downloads the FMU folder containing the 4 ISO files.  Did you to use a zip utility e.g. winzip to unpack any of those files?

image.thumb.png.a6447099a83c7b431a05a943dd19435f.png

image.thumb.png.53727ad9078597885eb8f119f42c0c16.png

Hi Rambler

Is this the screen that you see when doing the download and selecting the right Update?

image.thumb.png.b8cd5dbfe5e747caa33ab3352cb7820d.png

3 hours ago, PoppaP said:

Hi Luke

Thank you for the reply, but my problem is that after downloading Version 6.16 0H Dated 26/2/2021 There is absolutely no folder called FMU.  I have seen many references that this folder is key but my directory structure looks like this.  Do you recognise this as the correct file? Many thanks

Screen Shot 

Map version 6.160H is for earlier Touch 2 system not the latest system in Corolla you need version 2020 V2 as per picture

Untitled.png

Hi Les and Lee - Many thanks for all your help.  I now think that I have identified the problem and have downloaded the correct Upgrade and I see the folder FMU at last with it's 4 .iso files.  Can you confirm that the Installation code is long at 21 digits?  It was the one that I printed out when starting the map download.

Just now, PoppaP said:

Hi Les and Lee - Many thanks for all your help.  I now think that I have identified the problem and have downloaded the correct Upgrade and I see the folder FMU at last with it's 4 .iso files.  Can you confirm that the Installation code is long at 21 digits?  It was the one that I printed out when starting the map download.

I don't know if it's 21 digits but that certainly sounds like it.

Thanks Andrue - I will try the installation in the car later this morning.

1 hour ago, PoppaP said:

Thanks Andrue - I will try the installation in the car later this morning.

My code was 22 digits. Set aside an hour and a quarter to complete the load, it's a bit like watching paint dry. Time to give the car a good wash?😀

I must have been asleep this morning - It is 22 digits long, not 21 ! - Many thanks

1 minute ago, PoppaP said:

I must have been asleep this morning - It is 22 digits long, not 21 ! - Many thanks

I had to count three times, so you're not alone!

What a performance! Like everyone else here, my updating experience did work but the faff doing it was ridiculous!

This made me think of a recent survey I read that measured owner satisfaction across car brands. US but much relevant to here. What struck me especially is how poorly in-car tech is regarded by consumers across almost every brand with Toyota one of the very lowest for this. Even Tesla, the poster child for in-car tech, did not do too well. All need to massively improve on that metric.

See the screenshot for six brands sold here.

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-reliability-owner-satisfaction/most-and-least-liked-car-brands/

carbrandssurvey.jpg

Les, Lee and Andrue - Many thanks for your help over the last frustrating (for me) 24 hours getting this 2020v2 Map Upgrade done.  However, having downloaded the correct file for my vehicle and Multimedia System all is now well and the upgrade went smoothly, albeit slowly !  The final installation into the ar took 90 mins or so.  Bit of a worry at the end as it showed my car in the home location even though I was 20 miles away but after about 3-4 mins the GPS got it's act together and showed me in the correct place. Phew !  Thanks again.

It could've gone more slowly. I did the update before Christmas from a USB disk drive and it took over four hours. I'm not making that mistake again!

Having finally done the 2020v2 Map upgrade I notice that I don't seem to be able to hear the beep when approaching a listed Speed Camera.  Is there a setting for this as I can't seem to find one?  Has it been deactivated?  Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, PoppaP said:

Having finally done the 2020v2 Map upgrade I notice that I don't seem to be able to hear the beep when approaching a listed Speed Camera.  Is there a setting for this as I can't seem to find one?  Has it been deactivated?  Any thoughts?

I disabled mine but it still beeps occasionally. I dislike it. I speed and I hate being prompted to pay attention to my speed.

3 hours ago, AndrueC said:

I disabled mine but it still beeps occasionally. I dislike it. I speed and I hate being prompted to pay attention to my speed.

Should be interesting when a man in blue stops you for a serious chat. 😀

12 hours ago, Catlover said:

Should be interesting when a man in blue stops you for a serious chat. 😀

Lol! Really bad typo. What I meant to post was that I don't speed so I don't care about speed cameras. I always know what the prevailing limit is and would consider myself incompetent if I needed to be reminded or failed to recognise a dangerous stretch of road.

• Like 1

Hi,

New to the forum and have just got myself a 1 year old Corolla GR Sport and loving it.

I have successfully upgraded the maps to 2020v2 and all was straightforward, albeit taking ~90mins.

Is there a way of getting speed camera locations when not connected via Wifi to my phone as a hotspot? This method works fine and it has the little speed camera icon bottom right on screen.

As soon as i stop using my phone as a hotspot, the speed camera icon disappears and no speed camera locations.

I've tried turning 'Use online data for speed cameras' to Off, but still nothing.

Am i missing something obvious, as i do not really want to have my phone as a WiFi hotspot all the time?

Thanks

Dave 

5 hours ago, Dobs said:

Hi,

New to the forum and have just got myself a 1 year old Corolla GR Sport and loving it.

I have successfully upgraded the maps to 2020v2 and all was straightforward, albeit taking ~90mins.

Is there a way of getting speed camera locations when not connected via Wifi to my phone as a hotspot? This method works fine and it has the little speed camera icon bottom right on screen.

As soon as i stop using my phone as a hotspot, the speed camera icon disappears and no speed camera locations.

I've tried turning 'Use online data for speed cameras' to Off, but still nothing.

Am i missing something obvious, as i do not really want to have my phone as a WiFi hotspot all the time?

Thanks

Dave 

I think you have to have the phone tethered via bluetooth but not necessarily wifi hotspot

Hi Tim,

So is there a difference between bluetooth connection and bluetooth tethering, as i have always presumed there is just a bluetooth connection?

My Phone (iPhone7) automatically connects via Bluetooth everytime for phone etc.. and the little Bluetooth logo is always Blue in the top right hand corner.

However, if this is tethered via Bluetooth as you mention, then it does not show speed cameras?

Thanks

Dave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dobs said:

Hi Tim,

So is there a difference between Bluetooth connection and Bluetooth tethering, as i have always presumed there is just a Bluetooth connection?

My Phone (iPhone7) automatically connects via Bluetooth everytime for phone etc.. and the little Bluetooth logo is always Blue in the top right hand corner.

However, if this is tethered via Bluetooth as you mention, then it does not show speed cameras?

Thanks

Dave

Yes, i have to turn bluetooth tethering on separately to bluetooth, but yes I see the cameras this way

Hi Tim,

Thanks again, i have done some more digging and i guess you have an Android phone which does have a specific Bluetooth Tethering option.

With an iPhone, it looks like i do still have to turn on Personal Hotspot, but it should be possible to connect via bluetooth rather than WiFi.

Will give it a try tomorrow hopefully.

Cheers

Dave

9 hours ago, Dobs said:

Hi Tim,

Thanks again, i have done some more digging and i guess you have an Android phone which does have a specific Bluetooth Tethering option.

With an Iphone, it looks like i do still have to turn on Personal Hotspot, but it should be possible to connect via Bluetooth rather than WiFi.

Will give it a try tomorrow hopefully.

Cheers

Dave

Yes, Android

On 3/7/2021 at 12:10 PM, Dobs said:

Hi,

Thanks

Dave 

As I understand it, the little camera icon is to allow you to report a camera location, not an indicator that live speedcam data is being provided.

Sorry. My comment got included in the quote. The camera icon which is there when you are providing a hotspot connection is for you to use to provide a camera location if you find one. It is not an indicator that you have live speedcam detection.

Edited by RabButler
Extra info.