Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis new stereo head unit

trucker john

Hello all. I got a 2010 avensis estate, I'm looking to get me an after market stereo, but because of the shape of the current factory fitted unit, what would I need to fit a double din "square" unit. 

I'm not even sure where to look to convert it. Very frustrating. 😕

There are plenty of options to install a third party audio unit. Connects2 is one of a few companies that supply what you require.

https://connects2.com/products/facia-kits/vehicle/Toyota/Avensis

https://connects2.com/products/steering-wheel-control-interfaces/vehicle/Toyota

I chose another easier upgrade route. I use a Bluetooth/USB adapter, plugged into the CD changer port at the rear of the stereo. The early standard stereo has bluetooth for voice only, not music streaming. My WEF@A adapter supports the latest bluetooth features, so my current Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G (and previous S8), are well integrated with the car. This includes using the steering controls for the phone and music control. Here are my posts on the subject. 

On 12/12/2020 at 4:06 PM, trucker john said:

Hello all. I got a 2010 avensis estate, I'm looking to get me an after market stereo, but because of the shape of the current factory fitted unit, what would I need to fit a double din "square" unit. 

I'm not even sure where to look to convert it. Very frustrating. 😕

i have a 2014 toyota avensis with a T27 - CD stereo radio sat nav head unit touch headunit .im not happy with it tbh as i notice the volume dont go up high enough and well was expecting good sound from it as its 6 Speakers .its got enought connnections on it ut if there was more ase and well volume would e great. i had a seat car with a aura headunit i found that headunit and Speakers were great plenty of sound .i was lookig a way how to get more sound and base from it ut im not sure do i need to put in a amp as well as upgrade all the 6 Speakers also 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links