Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disabling Key Less Entry

LeonK

Hi Everyone,

I am a bit old fashioned and prefer to press a button to gain entry in to my car.

Is there a way to permanently disable the keyless entry system?

When you have to use things like Faraday pouches to keep your keys safe there is something wrong...

Thanks !

It's usually done through the customization menu on the touch screen, it also disables the keyless start - you just have to put the fob on the start button

Thanks Flash.

I appreciate your time !

Will have a look at that when my car is delivered next year.

L

On 12/13/2020 at 2:23 PM, LeonK said:

I am a bit old fashioned and prefer to press a button to gain entry in to my car.

I'm even more old fashioned and prefer to turn a key in a lock to gain entry!:rolleyes:

I am pretty sure that if you press and hold the lock button and then press the unlock button twice this puts the key fob into sleep mode the led will flash 4 times this also disables the key from transmitting as I have mentioned in previous forums. therefore you should not need to put the key into a Faraday pouch and would prevent any would be thief from obtaining the transmitted code from the key. It also stops the Battery from discharging the internal Battery. I find the smart entry useful when your hands are full and you are trying to get the keys out of your pocket although obviously it won’t work if you have disabled the signal from the key until you unlock the car again via the remote

On 12/18/2020 at 7:46 PM, Rosgoe said:

I am pretty sure that if you press and hold the lock button and then press the unlock button twice ............................ 

According to our handbook PDF, we have keyless entry, but we don't.

Tried your idea, and it doesn't work.

This is our key and we have two of them, and neither works for Smart Entry.

Mick.

Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 16.10.50.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 16.11.29.png

It was an optional extra and only on some top of the range cars, but it also depends on when the car was built (2014 was facelift change over year)

IIrc on my 2016 excel it was part of the premium pack

Ours is a Sept 2014 new registration and a top of the range Excel, so the changeover must have been very late 2014 or even 2015.

Mick.

2 minutes ago, Mick F said:

According to our handbook PDF, we have keyless entry, but we don't.

Tried your idea, and it doesn't work.

This is our key and we have two of them, and neither works for Smart Entry.

Mick.

That key you have is the same as I had for my auris and is very similar to my corolla key. Smart entry was only available on the excel range of cars I believe. I gather from your question is that  maybe you thought that this function enables the smart entry function, what it does is that if you have smart entry it disables the the signal from the key and also puts the key into sleep mode.

possibly the feature of disabling the signal from the key on your vehicle was not available until 2015 which was the year when I bought the auris.

just because the handbook says that you have smart entry doesn’t necessarily mean that you have it as the hand books are not specific to each model range of that particular vehicle usually if you read to the bottom of the page it says usually says if equipped.

2 hours ago, Mick F said:

Ours is a Sept 2014 new registration and a top of the range Excel, so the changeover must have been very late 2014 or even 2015.

Mick.

That will be the first of the facelifts in 2014 as they did not use the Excel spec before then with the Yaris

It was still an optional extra even on the Excel in 2014 it was called the "smart pack" £395 extra

https://media.toyota.co.uk/2014/07/new-toyota-yaris-equipment-specifications-prices-revealed/

• Like 1