Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speakers

ethxban

Hi all, new member with my first car! 

Ive recently bought the aygo 2006 in a silver/blue colour, 5 door and noticed that even though there are Speakers on both back doors, they don’t seem to be making any noise, or are really quiet. 

are they purely aesthetic and there for show, or do they work?

I don't have a 5-door but wonder if the audio controls on their stereos have a front/back as well as left/right fader control and yours is biased all the way to the front?

try the fader

otherwise its hard to say , most came without rear Speakers , some have dealer fit add on's or owners fitted thier own

pop the door card off to confirm theres a speaker and wiring there 

I used to have a 2006 5 door and it sounds like your controls have been set to send all the sound to the front

There not fitted as standard it was a option when new, Toyota use to do the front and rear door kits but are now discontinued

Base Mk1 Aygo's get 2 4" Speakers in the dash if you got the Sound pack you got an upgrade to 2 way components (mid and Tweeter) and rear Speakers

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{8E0B2D26-BAD0-95B1-EAC7-219A32E4BAD0}/Audio Soundpack speakers tweeters RHD AIM 322-1 PZ422-99240-60.pdf

Audio pack for the front doors

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{052786E4-354F-D9B5-83FD-CB9B9F74354F}/AYGO_SOUND_PACK_RHD_PZ473_90240_00_AIM_001_159_6.pdf

I remember reading online that some of the later Mark 1 radios had the rear outputs disabled, they worked OK on my previous 2008 model.

9 hours ago, T.F.S.B.I.G.W.S. said:

I used to have a 2006 5 door and it sounds like your controls have been set to send all the sound to the front

do you know how to set it so audio comes out of all 4 by any chance? 

Sorry - it was a passenger who adjusted them and I never attempted it (that was about 11 years ago and I think she moved to Dubai)

Does the stereo have an AUDIO CONT button? On my car you press that to cycle though bass, treble, fader and balance settings and adjust them with TUNE/TRACK up and down. On my car the fader adjusts the balance between the Speakers on the dashboard and front doors. I'll have to give that a try myself - I've tweaked the bass and treble but always skipped past the fader setting!

23 hours ago, Ahar said:

Does the stereo have an AUDIO CONT button? On my car you press that to cycle though bass, treble, fader and balance settings and adjust them with TUNE/TRACK up and down. On my car the fader adjusts the balance between the speakers on the dashboard and front doors. I'll have to give that a try myself - I've tweaked the bass and treble but always skipped past the fader setting!

this worked! thanks so much mate 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links