Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Getting a second key cut

kingnothing

Hi all, I recently acquire a 2000 Corolla but it only came with one key. I'd like to get a second key cut but not sure what the best way to go about this is. Is going to the local Toyota dealer the best option?

I went to  Timsons for a key  for my 1998 Corolla. I guess your key has a chip. They quoted about £60.00 but when I winced they dropped it to £40.00.

Best take the car with you as sometimes the keys don't fit. In my case I went in  a different car, when i got home the key operated the ignition but not the door and had to  go back but they got there in the end after recutting the key.

Don

• Like 1

Thanks Don, I guess I'll have to practice my wincing technique 😂

Tom. 

I rang round and found an independent key cutters/lock smiths and they did my 24 year old Volvo around 18 months ago. Put original key to read the chip and transferred and programmed the new chip to new key and cut it. It cost me £35.00 £40 sounds fair.

James👍 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links