Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

gear change!! help

ethxban

on my aygo 2006, the owners manual says that there is a light to show when i should gear up or down, does anyone know how to turn this on??

The gear change indicator would have been fitted in advance of becoming a legal requirement in the EU, and as such, you cannot turn them off. Ignore the lights if it is an issue.

28 minutes ago, ethxban said:

on my aygo 2006, the owners manual says that there is a light to show when i should gear up or down, does anyone know how to turn this on??

I never had a gear change indicator on my 2008 which was a manual not an MMT, I think it may be referring only to MMT versions?

10 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

I never had a gear change indicator on my 2008 which was a manual not an MMT, I think it may be referring only to MMT versions?

what’s MMT?

53 minutes ago, ethxban said:

what’s MMT?

'Multi Mode Transmission'. The Aygo/C1/107 automatic gearbox - actually a manual gearbox with an automated clutch.

• Like 1

Our 2010 Aygo didn’t have one. Think it was only the MMT that had it, not the manual 

10 hours ago, Gray86 said:

Our 2010 Aygo didn’t have one. Think it was only the MMT that had it, not the manual 

I agree as I said in my earlier post:

I think it may be referring only to MMT versions?

My 2020 x-shift has the gear change indicator, but it only appears when in manual mode.

23 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

I agree as I said in my earlier post:

My 2020 x-shift has the gear change indicator, but it only appears when in manual mode.

yeah my previous and current mk2 x shifts only put it on when in manual mode

In 2006, this indicator was not an obligation.

I had the latest version of the mk1 Aygo (2014) with manual gearbox. It had DRL, airbags everywhere... but it did not have the gear change indicator.

Do not regret anything, I have it on my current mk2 Aygo and it is not very helpful. It seems it lits up above a certain rpm. If you follow its advice, you always drive in 5th gear even at low speed.

Just now, zuh said:

Do not regret anything, I have it on my current mk2 Aygo and it is not very helpful. It seems it lits up above a certain rpm. If you follow its advice, you always drive in 5th gear even at low speed.

I agree it wants me to change up at times that are not helpful - such as I'm climbing a hill and if I follow it's advice I will need to change down again shortly after. I only owned my Aygo for 2 months but learnt already to ignore it.

• 2 weeks later...

An indication device on when to change gear either up or down is probably useful to someone who is learning to drive. But after driving for some time I think most drivers would know when to change gear, and largely ignore it.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links