Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RAV4 2020 Parking Assist question

JamesFRAV4

Hi All

My 1st post here and I've just bought myself a new Rav4. I've been looking for the auto park button but cannot see it where I was expecting it. Just to double check - does the car actually have this feature to auto-park? I've got Excel Trim.

I test drove a corolla during research phase and it had the P-symbol button to the right hand side of steering wheel. 

I don't believe the RAV4 has any form of automatic parking but you should check the owners manual for your model.

Mine has

• a Parking Assist function which warns you when you are getting close to something while parking, and
  • a Parking Support Brake function which applies the brakes if it detects something that you are likely to hit while manoeuvring slowly

but nothing that drives or steers the car to park itself ...

Yes I was surprised.  I had a 2016 Prius Excel before and that had an excellent self parking feature (that also would get you out of a tight parkign space too).  Disappointed the much more expensive and newer RAV4 doesn't have it.

It's missing quite a few other things the Prius had, and I especially miss the Head Up Display that the Prius had since 2009!

I thought the RAV4 also doesn't have the auto Brake function when reversing (the Prius did).   It's never seemed to work, and someone else on here said it didn't stop him reversing into a wheelie bin (or something).  The Prius would jam the brakes on when reversing into long grass in a car park I used to visit, so I knew that worked.

• 2 weeks later...

'him reversing into a wheelie bin'

That was me. Checking detail of the specs. The Rav4 does not have the 'parking brake assist' feature, unlike my previous car, a 2019 corolla.

Very disappointing. Toyota tech said 'it activates when reverse cross alert come on' No it doesn't.

What do we expect for £40,000.?????????

35 minutes ago, Hubsy said:

'him reversing into a wheelie bin'

That was me. Checking detail of the specs. The Rav4 does not have the 'parking brake assist' feature, unlike my previous car, a 2019 corolla.

Very disappointing. Toyota tech said 'it activates when reverse cross alert come on' No it doesn't.

What do we expect for £40,000.?????????

You are indeed correct! Most grades of RAV4 have front and rear parking sensors and rear cross traffic alert. The Black Edition boasts intelligent front and rear parking sensors with clearance sonar & automatic braking, and rear cross traffic alert with brake assistance (which makes it obvious that it is not available on the other grades).

Thank you for pointing that out - note to self NOT to try it out in practice! 🙂