Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Mk3 LED upgrade

akitchen796

Hi guys

I have a 2020 Yaris GR Sport, 2019 Mk3 body and I want to upgrade the disappointing lights on it. I'd like to get some LED headlights but I'm completely clueless as to what to buy.

I'm looking to replace all the filament bulbs with LEDs for future reliability including DRLs, fogs and rear lights if possible.

Can someone point me in the right direction on what I'd need to purchase?

IMG_2266.jpg

IMG_2267.jpg

I am pretty sure you cannot legally fit LED headlights without a levelling and washing system.

Osram or Phillips bulbs, not everywhere stocks them as they are HIR2 (aka 9012)

There are no E marked Led's on the market....................... yet

Hi, you better don’t. A good quality bulbs can improve your light patterns and power by marginal difference and still legal. If you are a night driver Phillips Eco vision are the best as those are long life plus one idea better than oem in most cases, if you drive at night occasionally the Night breaker by Osram are good choice, these proof to be one of the most powerful road legal bulbs but suffer a bit from a short lifespan. If the the car hasn’t come out of the factory with led better keep it that way. 👍🚗

19 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

suffer a bit from a short lifespan

I was aware of this possiblity, Tony, in fact Osram do state that, but I fitted H4 Osram Nightbreakers to my Yaris over 4 years ago. Which generation of them I don't know. I do a fair amount of rural night driving so it's not as though they are only used occasionally.

Most certainly better than the originals (still have them as a temporary fit for when these present lamps fail). Brighter light, better high beam range and better dipped beam pattern. And legal!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mrpj said:

I was aware of this possiblity, Tony, in fact Osram do state that, but I fitted H4 Osram Nightbreakers to my Yaris over 4 years ago. Which generation of them I don't know. I do a fair amount of rural night driving so it's not as though they are only used occasionally.

Most certainly better than the originals (still have them as a temporary fit for when these present lamps fail). Brighter light, better high beam range and better dipped beam pattern. And legal!

I was looking at both the osram and philips 9022s but now I may get some Osram H4s instead based on what you've said. The ones I've found on Amazon seem to be next gen ones and way cheaper than the Philips ones. Might consider these a replacement for the dipped ones which are the ones I want to replace the most. 

Are you sure you have H4's, as some have HIR2's. Check before you buy.