Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

120 prado D4D acceleration surge

2toyos

Few issues i face with the land cruiser 

Significant body rattle on low revs, been told its the frequency of the low revs, this has only just started for some unknown reason 

Rattle: 

Rattle only happends when driving, idling or rev no rattle

Acceleration surge

When Accelerating i will get a sudden surge of power, also kick down is sluggish, and feels alittle restricted overall performance

Any ideas, maybe transmission??

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bud

After reading your post I would like to mention that I had the same problem and when I replaced my Injectors it improved dramatically, I did originally replace the nozzles as they are much cheaper than it is to replace the whole injector, however, in the end I found a company in China that makes injectors and they provided me with 4 which was around £900 cheaper.  Perhaps this is something to consider, how many miles has your car done?  Do you regularly carry out a service?  Sometimes the fuel filter can be a problem.  Do you have a DPF?  Regards  Mark

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2021 at 12:36 PM, markus67 said:

Hi Bud

After reading your post I would like to mention that I had the same problem and when I replaced my Injectors it improved dramatically, I did originally replace the nozzles as they are much cheaper than it is to replace the whole injector, however, in the end I found a company in China that makes injectors and they provided me with 4 which was around £900 cheaper.  Perhaps this is something to consider, how many miles has your car done?  Do you regularly carry out a service?  Sometimes the fuel filter can be a problem.  Do you have a DPF?  Regards  Mark

Sorry for the late reply mate, i had the injectors replaced and the problems have started, the engine was quiet and smooth, part from a misfire when cold, now all these problems with new injectors, im having arguments with the mechanics, i feel they have ruined my car, horrid low rev noise and vibration, misfires, blue smoke on fire up, Acceleration surge when kick down hits 3000revs, the engine isnt right, no i have a EGR system, its done 126000, since ive had it ive done all services on time, looking to do my transmission this year

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links