Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

what car do i replace my Toyota Avensis Tspirit D-4D 2008 with please

cluelessme

hello, i dont know anything about cars. can someone help please.

my Toyota Avensis Tspirit D-4D 2008 needs to be replaced ...we just had the garage put a new something or other on it but still no good so i guess it needs to be scrapped .

i wanted to replace it with the same car so do i need to buy a Toyota Avensis Tspirit D-4D from 2008? or do they sell the same car but from different years.?

i did find the same car from 2008 for £2500 but someone said it was overpriced.?

as you can tell i am clueless.i dont even know how to scrap a car.

i also wondered -- when i buy a 2nd hand car should i buy one with a new mot just done on it? does that mean i am buying a car with no problem.

i just wondered if anyone can help. thankyou

Buying a car with a new MOT only means that it was roadworthy on the day it passed the test - it doesn't mean that the car won't have issues. Obviously the older the car, the more issues it may have.

If you know the registration number, you can check the MOT history of a car using https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history which will provide an indication of previous issues, MOT failures or advisories, etc. These may help indicate potential future problems.

Buying a car from a dealer/garage gives you some protection in consumer law, but will usually cost more than a private sale, and you can ask for the car to be serviced and MOT'd before collection (although this may cost a bit more).

If you know someone with mechanical knowledge or experience, ask them to go with you when looking at cars. Again this may help avoid problems. There are organisations (AA, RAC, etc) that will do mechanical inspections of cars at a cost, and again this may help avoid problem cars. There are also organisations that will do mileage checks and check a car is not subject to existing finance, etc (eg HPI).

On 12/24/2020 at 2:31 PM, cluelessme said:

hello, i dont know anything about cars. can someone help please.

my Toyota Avensis Tspirit D-4D 2008 needs to be replaced ...we just had the garage put a new something or other on it but still no good so i guess it needs to be scrapped .

i wanted to replace it with the same car so do i need to buy a Toyota Avensis Tspirit D-4D from 2008? or do they sell the same car but from different years.?

i did find the same car from 2008 for £2500 but someone said it was overpriced.?

as you can tell i am clueless.i dont even know how to scrap a car.

i also wondered -- when i buy a 2nd hand car should i buy one with a new mot just done on it? does that mean i am buying a car with no problem.

i just wondered if anyone can help. thankyou

how many miles is on it and is it a 2.2d4d or a 2.0d4d  if looking for another one id say a 2014 toyota avensis 2.0d4d  with the engine code 1ADFTV. the one with with the different head liners as those give problems they fixed that issue in that year 2014.if you can get a 2.0d4d with low miles go for it .mine costed me 8gs but had 38k on the clock.its the loaded version also. i did my research also on it and plus the car is the one with £30 a year road tax 

Consider the 2015 Avensis 1.8 Petrol with Multidrive Auto Transmission.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links