Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2020 V2 maps

Zoot2

Has anyone downloaded the 2020 V2 maps via a Mac?

Previously I had no problem downloading the 2020 V1 maps but with the new maps the car screen states reading usb but then nothing.

The FMU folder downloads to the MAC with the 4 files. I’ve tried both loading the usb with the FMU folder and also with the 4 files extracted from the FMU folder. Both have the same result.

The usb stick is formatted to ex fat 32.

Any help would be helpful as my dealer is in COVID tier 2 (lucky people) and I’m in tier 3 so unable to travel to tier 2 district.

After I had the Android Auto update  (installed at no extra cost might I add with the service) I was able to download the map update direct to the vehicle via my house router. It worked, as when I tried to download it to a USB stick it said l had already got it. 

2 hours ago, Yorkboy said:

After I had the Android Auto update  (installed at no extra cost might I add with the service) I was able to download the map update direct to the vehicle via my house router. It worked, as when I tried to download it to a USB stick it said l had already got it. 

Thanks Yorkboy, looks like I may need to wait until I get the upgrade done. Don’t suppose there will  be a great deal of difference from 2020 v1 to 2020 V2. I just like to keep everything up to date! 

I did mine through my house router, I didn't realise the earlier versions couldn't do this? 

Bought new Rav4 in September 2020, had to update to 2020 v1 myself, via home router. Updated again to 2020 v2 via home router again. Only drawback is that car needs to be in ready mode whilst download and install is carried out.

27 minutes ago, Hubsy said:

Bought new Rav4 in September 2020, had to update to 2020 v1 myself, via home router. Updated again to 2020 v2 via home router again. Only drawback is that car needs to be in ready mode whilst download and install is carried out.

I purchased my RAV4 on 1st March so I suppose it is a 2019 build. I’ve tried downloading via formatted usb and today I tried via  home router, still to no avail. When I accessed the apps on the multimedia system, and clicked e-store, the only apps shown were e-store and coyote, both showing being installed. It does not show anything else.(ie any items purchased and to be installed).

It would appear that until Apple car play/android auto are installed I cannot install anything via internet.

38 minutes ago, Hubsy said:

No it doesn't ... 😉 ... it will happily complete the download in Accessory mode and that doesn't take too long - you need working Wi-Fi for this bit.

The install seems to take quite an age but will happily start and stop as you use the car in the normal fashion. Again it will make progress while in Accessory mode, but doesn't need a Wi-Fi connection.

I did this successfully this very afternoon ...

6 minutes ago, Zoot2 said:

I purchased my RAV4 on 1st March so I suppose it is a 2019 build. I’ve tried downloading via formatted usb and today I tried via  home router, still to no avail. When I accessed the apps on the multimedia system, and clicked e-store, the only apps shown were e-store and coyote, both showing being installed. It does not show anything else.(ie any items purchased and to be installed).

It would appear that until Apple car play/android auto are installed I cannot install anything via internet.

Then I suspect that you are looking in the wrong place and it should work (if you do it correctly) - it's not excessively obvious but you certainly don't get the update via the e-store.

It's in Online Settings on page 253 of my infotainment system manual: Setup > Online > Toyota online > Map update ...

HTH

2 hours ago, philip42h said:

Then I suspect that you are looking in the wrong place and it should work (if you do it correctly) - it's not excessively obvious but you certainly don't get the update via the e-store.

It's in Online Settings on page 253 of my infotainment system manual: Setup > Online > Toyota online > Map update ...

HTH

I can advise that I do not have an infotainment manual! I have the navigation manual (where page 253 is blank). I also have the vehicle manual but cannot find a reference.

It looks like, as your car is newer, that the infotainment manual is issued to the 2020 build cars.

I’ve checked the Toyota portal with my vin and the only two available manuals are the ones I have.

6 minutes ago, Zoot2 said:

I can advise that I do not have an infotainment manual! I have the navigation manual (where page 253 is blank). I also have the vehicle manual but cannot find a reference.

It looks like, as your car is newer, that the infotainment manual is issued to the 2020 build cars.

I’ve checked the Toyota portal with my vin and the only two available manuals are the ones I have.

For your manual it's on page 250 - I think, assuming I've downloaded the correct one ...

What do you get when you select Map update information? ... that's the route I take to update mine so maybe yours can't update that way ... 😞

2 hours ago, philip42h said:

For your manual it's on page 250 - I think, assuming I've downloaded the correct one ...

What do you get when you select Map update information? ... that's the route I take to update mine so maybe yours can't update that way ... 😞

Yep, I have gone down that route as well (page 250 etc). As I’ve said previously my thoughts are that I can’t download until I get the android / Apple upgrade.

Thanks anyway.

On 12/28/2020 at 4:56 PM, Zoot2 said:

The usb stick is formatted to ex fat 32.

Looking at your original message, have you tried formatting the USB to FAT32?  FAT32 and exFAT are two different formats, the Toyota system requires FAT32 and will not work with exFAT. 

On 12/29/2020 at 7:38 PM, philip42h said:

HTH

A 2019 Rav4 without Android auto / Apple car play will be a MM17 setup which cannot update maps over the air. Your 2020 with AA/CP is a MM19 setup which can update OTA.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

A 2019 Rav4 without Android auto / apple car play will be a MM17 setup which cannot update maps over the air. Your 2020 with AA/CP is a MM19 setup which can update OTA.

Many thanks. I thought that was the case but I thought I would try it on the off chance. I’ll be contacting my dealer on Monday.

5 hours ago, duncerduncs said:

Looking at your original message, have you tried formatting the USB to FAT32?  FAT32 and exFAT are two different formats, the Toyota system requires FAT32 and will not work with exFAT. 

Thanks Bryan - the Mac only lets you format to exFat so I then formatted the usb to Fat32 on the PC. This still didn’t work.

will see what happens once I get ac/aa installed. Hopefully my hair pulling out will cease then!

17 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

A 2019 Rav4 without Android auto / apple car play will be a MM17 setup which cannot update maps over the air.

Does that mean a RAV4 MM17 with AA can now update OTA via WiFi?

Only today did I get a connection and download the map update.  What puzzles me is the map update V1 and V2 is just GB and IE.  I haven't checked if there is a European base map on the system.  Either way, how does one get a European map and update?  Just curious as we have no plans to go to Europe.

14 hours ago, Starmans said:

Does that mean a RAV4 MM17 with AA can now update OTA via WiFi?

A MM17 Rav updated with AA/CP will have become a MM19 and yes it will be able to update via WIFI or mobile data tethering OTA

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Only today did I get a connection and download the map update.  What puzzles me is the map update V1 and V2 is just GB and IE.  I haven't checked if there is a European base map on the system.  Either way, how does one get a European map and update?  Just curious as we have no plans to go to Europe.

OTA updating only includes UK & IE for download if you want the entire EU map set then it has to be downloaded via estore on MyToyota and updated to car via USB

• Like 1

Devon thank you for that. I am sure others will find that useful too.  There is much that is omitted from the handbook else it could be twice the size.  Although I have no plan for Continental driving, it occurs to me that I should keep the maps up to date for the benefit of a second owner who might have the car after the free update period.

Using estore on my computer will be the next challenge.  

Thanks again.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

OTA updating only includes UK & IE for download if you want the entire EU map set then it has to be downloaded via estore on MyToyota and updated to car via USB

34 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Devon thank you for that. I am sure others will find that useful too.  There is much that is omitted from the handbook else it could be twice the size.  Although I have no plan for continental driving, it occurs to me that I should keep the maps up to date for the benefit of a second owner who might have the car after the free update period.

Using estore on my computer will be the next challenge.  

Thanks again.

Thanks both for raising and answering the question. I have every intention of getting back into Europe just as soon as "the plague" safely allows so will want to get the maps updated from their 2019 base before then. That said I've probably got a few months to get things sorted ... 😉

I went to My Toyota and eStore but all I get is that I have already purchased the product.  There is nothing to tell me what version of the European mapping I purchased or whether there is an update.  Most odd.

20 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

I went to My Toyota and eStore but all I get is that I have already purchased the product.  There is nothing to tell me what version of the European mapping I purchased or whether there is an update.  Most odd.

Odd indeed. Like you I have applied the 2020 v2 UK & Ireland update OTA. When I go to the eStore I see an alert: "Please make sure your Sat Nav is registered before downloading or purchasing the latest software for your Toyota multimedia system." - which it is, and the following which I assume would allow me to download the complete 2020 v2 updated map for the whole of Europe:

map update.png

I appreciate that this doesn't help you very much but does show that it should work ...

From MyToyota I am assure that the 2020V2 update is for the whole of Europe.  It might be that GB and Ireland refers to language.  When doing the update I saw a flash saying the file was about 2Gb but it was only a brief flash.  This is a similar size to a Garmin all-Europe file size.

As a matter of interest it was released on 10 Dec 20 although I only got the update yesterday.  Previous checks always returned an up to date message.

• 2 months later...
On 1/2/2021 at 7:34 PM, Zoot2 said:

Thanks Bryan - the Mac only lets you format to exFat so I then formatted the usb to Fat32 on the PC. This still didn’t work.

will see what happens once I get ac/aa installed. Hopefully my hair pulling out will cease then!

Latest update! ACP & AA installed on Tuesday ( at last due to COVID & lockdown and through choice the dealership is 25 miles away ) now I’ve to work out and get used to everything that the new system does.

One thing the garage forgot, or didn’t have time to do, was download the last map update. I was amazed when checking different settings that the car asked if I wanted to download the said map! Yes please!

Now all up to date.