Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Risk to by? Yaris ts 01

Gruffalo

Thinking /planning to see/by a yaris... 1.5 106hp The car in picture. 225.000 km / 140.000 miles. Problem is history. I dont know if registerchain is from 2001 or if oilservice are good/bad. Car is cheap but thinking... Bying a problem?

What do u think?

Our 04 yaris was heavily rusted underside and I only recovered the situation by a lot of work and underseal, now all ok. There have been many posts here about terminal rust on Yaris 2000 - 2008 years. The mechanical bits can be fixed relatively easily but rust in the rear suspension mounting areas are difficult to weld properly and could be terminal. I think you need to look at the MOT history to pick up any indications of structural rust-better still get underneith yourself. Good luck with it.

• Thanks 1

This car looks really good, check for rust underneath, and general check on used car while buying. If you unsure get the car to a garage to do the checks for you. Service history sometimes means absolutely nothing, many cars with full service history are crap, and many without are in excellent condition. Good luck 👍🚗

• Thanks 1

Thanks 🙂 What about the register chain? Just listen for noice 🙉

Just check for rust and if the chain is noisy, in the united states there are examples with close to a million km's

check it with a COLD start afther Oil check, when it rattels shortly its fine when it rattels over 5 sec. its a no go

The only risk of buying a Toyota is to change your mind last minute and go and buy vw. 😂👌👍🚗

• Like 1