Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steering column

Auris80

Does any one had a crank noise somewhere in steering column when turning the steering wheel? Is it easy to fix? I heard that a lot of avensis owners had this issue, but I could not foun the solution. I have t27 2011. 

The bearings in the intermediate shaft can wear and make odd noises you may feel a slight notchy ness when turning the wheel

Many Toyota cars has this problem and the reasons can be various things, most common though is lack or dried up lubricant on the telescopic column that causes clicks, rattling when driving over uneven road, speed bumps or turning in slow speeds. You can check and if it turns to be that you may just want to ignore it, not a safety issue. 

• 4 months later...

Had a hard crack every time turning the wheel to the right. Fixed by changing steering fluid, cause it wasn't changed in ages.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links