Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Reg Plate Lights / Salt Stains

AKLZ

I noticed this recently - the two dirty circular patches; a combination of salty winter roads and cold (dry) weather. The reg down-lights must generate a fair amount of heat as they dry the surface water very effectively above where they sit, leaving dense dry salt residue. Just looks a bit annoying.

Of course this can be easily wiped off (you can see my finger marks when I first noticed them and wiped them) and it’s not at all permanent, and if it’s raining that alone washes it off, but during dry, cold, salty weather my car has looked like this all week.

I presume the bulbs aren’t cold-running LED’s then?

22B65309-3AC1-4273-A4D4-63DCEA3BABBE.jpeg

• Thanks 1

That’s strange, I never seen anything like that on other cars. This panel is kind of plastic and not metal as far as I know, this may explain the things. 

3 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

That’s strange, I never seen anything like that on other cars. This panel is kind of plastic and not metal as far as I know, this may explain the things. 

I have seen this on other cars - although can’t remember which! 

another similar phenomenon is the patch on the roof above the rear interior light (on my TS) doesn’t get any moisture on a damp evening after opening the doors. Again - heat from filament bulbs is the cause 

2 hours ago, AKLZ said:

I wonder if these bulbs can easily be switched for LED ones? 

Yes, they can , make sure you get quality ones like Osram or Philips , not cheap Chinese as they don’t light nicely and has a short life. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2020 at 11:18 PM, TonyHSD said:

Yes, they can , make sure you get quality ones like Osram or Philips , not cheap Chinese as they don’t light nicely and has a short life. 

Brilliant; thanks again for your helpful reply.

Can you offer any advice on;

1) exactly what sort of bulb to get

2) exactly what sort of bulb is already in there

3) fitting instructions 

Sorry to ask! Happy to take the legwork further if you can at least point me in the right direction 👍🏻

1 hour ago, AKLZ said:

Brilliant; thanks again for your helpful reply.

Can you offer any advice on;

1) exactly what sort of bulb to get

2) exactly what sort of bulb is already in there

3) fitting instructions 

Sorry to ask! Happy to take the legwork further if you can at least point me in the right direction 👍🏻

Hi, 

I have no idea what type bulbs are in the Corolla but if they are w5w, Osram led seems like a good choice. I can recommend to you check your bulb type, search Amazon and read reviews, then if price ok just buy from them, you can also run a price comparison in google too. Fitting instructions can’t help here I am afraid as I have no Corolla around. 👍
Regards 

• Thanks 1