Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear fog light

Dreamon100

Hi, We have a 2020 C-HR hybrid Design, someone failed to stop and drove into the back of it. The damage was (I thought) relatively minor, the rear bumper being smashed. The other driver admitted liability and we agreed for his insurance to deal with it.

It has been at the body shop now for over 4 weeks, they keep blaming Toyota for supplying wrong parts. The current issue is the rear fog light, which sits in the middle of the bumper. 

The photos of the damage don’t show the lamp at all it’s gone totally. The body shop are querying the glass colour as Toyota supplied a clear casing with no bulbs didn’t fit, then a red casing that didn’t fit, now a clear casing no bulbs that apparently does fit.

I’ve looked at other C-HR’s and there seems to be both red & clear casings, anyone know the correct type of fitting??😤

thanks in in advance DerekT 

There are probably more than one type of rear foglight due to model updates. 

For example:

2018 C-HR

2-toyota-c-hr-2018-longterm-review-hero-rear.jpg

2020 C-HR

2019-Toyota-C-HR-7.jpg

Would imagine the repairer would be ordering from a dealer rather than Toyota directly, and I would suggest they're not ordering correctly.

Hi, you found better photos than me, our car has a clear section in the rear wing light cluster, so the theory is that, that is the reversing lamp and the bumper light will be red glass for a fog light.

I’ll check the chassis code to see when the car was built, although it was sold to me as a new reg ‘20 plate.

The body shop put the chassis number into the Toyota system to supposedly get the correct part.

B5AA44AE-D06C-4B0A-B18C-EB4E2A61354D.thumb.jpeg.70dabe197057c2598ab493a93a8e092d.jpeg

6 hours ago, Dreamon100 said:

Hi, you found better photos than me, our car has a clear section in the rear wing light cluster, so the theory is that, that is the reversing lamp and the bumper light will be red glass for a fog light.

I’ll check the chassis code to see when the car was built, although it was sold to me as a new reg ‘20 plate.

The body shop put the chassis number into the Toyota system to supposedly get the correct part.

B5AA44AE-D06C-4B0A-B18C-EB4E2A61354D.thumb.jpeg.70dabe197057c2598ab493a93a8e092d.jpeg

You have a facelift C-HR and both the rear fog and reverse light are located in the lower centre lamp ( missing in your pic ) the lamp has a clear lens and contains a white LED for reverse and Red LED for rear fog lamp.

There should not be any issuer in getting the correct part as Toyota's parts catalogue for C-HR works on a one car one part basis so either the body shop are confused as to what the lamp should look like or as is quite common if the body shop is not Toyota approved they are using third party parts supplier ( often mandated by the insurer ) who are getting the wrong part supplied to the body shop.

Are you using your insurers choice of repairer and are they Toyota approved?

Untitled.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Just noticed your comment " The body shop are querying the glass colour as Toyota supplied a clear casing with no bulbs didn’t fit, then a red casing that didn’t fit, now a clear casing no bulbs that apparently does fit." No bulbs would be correct as per the parts picture the LED "bulbs" are separate parts and not included with the lamp.