Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Green cooling light flashing

Akinkunmi

I have a 2008 Yaris , the green cooling light flashes at continuously along with the PS light anytime I am driving.  The engine reev meter also goes off anytime the green cooling light is flashing  though the car works normally . My mechanic have checked but couldn't trace what it could be. 

Anyone with an idea to check.

Are the cooling fans kicking in, any strange noises, is the fan/aux belt tight ?

The fan kicks in at a good time... But this flashes can happen anytime while in motion sometimes when I enter a bumps it's will go back to normal ...

It may just be a pin fitment issue with the plug on the back of the cluster, i had an issue with my speedo would die randomly what was just a weak/dirty terminal - cleaned the plug and socket what it cured it

It could also be a dry joint inside the cluster - if you replace the cluster you will need to get it programmed to the car with the correct mileage

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, flash22 said:

It may just be a pin fitment issue with the plug on the back of the cluster, i had an issue with my speedo would die randomly what was just a weak/dirty terminal - cleaned the plug and socket what it cured it

It could also be a dry joint inside the cluster - if you replace the cluster you will need to get it programmed to the car with the correct mileage

I'll like to give that a try but please what's a cluster so I can be sure theechanic is doing the right thing when I suggest this to him.

The gauges, also known as a gauge cluster or instrument panel

• 1 year later...

Hi, did you ever get this resolved..... i am getting the exact problem

Flashing green, means the engine has not warmed up, if it's diesel that's normal, if it's petrol it may be the thermostat is stuck open, or a bad CTS

• Like 2