Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alternator removal. 2011 Avensis 2.2 D4D Estate with 98500 recorded miles.

CHERRYVILLE

Hi all and a Happy new Year.

Looks like first job on my Avensis for 2021 is the alternator. Never a problem in the past 3 years + I have owned it until Battery warning light came on the dash a couple of days ago. Thankfully I was only a mile from home as I lost the power steering and dash lit up like our Christmas tree. Limped home and checked alternator drive belt was fine, which was renewed a year ago. Fully charged the Battery and car starting and running fine apart from Battery light still staying on. Looks like alternator due for a recon. My question is there any 'best way' to remove the alternator as it is in a very inaccessible location. I do have a trolley jack and full tool kit. Unfortunately my Mk2 Jaguar which I am restoring is on my garage lift and currently can not be removed.

Any responses will be greatly appreciated.

Eugene

The driveshaft needs to be removed to allow alternator to drop down. To much hassle on driveway just went local garage they charged £285 which included a recon alternator.

Many thanks for that info Jim. Much appreciated.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links