Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Yaris Hybrid 2018 coolant top-up Help...

Mo Ali

Hi everyone, I have a 2018 yaris hybrid and I checked the manual and number 4 on the manual is power control unit coolant reservoir and number 5 Engine coolant reservoir for refilling the power control unit reservoir as I checked today its almost at the minimum level after driving almost 8000 miles, so decided to refill. Now I am assuming that I have to refill (if low) the engine coolant reservoir?

What coolant should I use and is there any thing that i am missing in regards to the topping up the coolant?

Please help

yaris.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mo Ali said:

Hi everyone, I have a 2018 yaris hybrid and I checked the manual and number 4 on the manual is power control unit coolant reservoir and number 5 Engine coolant reservoir for refilling the power control unit reservoir as I checked today its almost at the minimum level after driving almost 8000 miles, so decided to refill. Now I am assuming that I have to refill (if low) the engine coolant reservoir?

What coolant should I use and is there any thing that i am missing in regards to the topping up the coolant?

Please help

yaris.jpeg

I assume from your question is that the inverter coolant level is low and you are worried that the engine coolant may be low. If it is at the minimum mark I wouldn’t worry to much as it would be checked at your next service unless it drops significantly then I would contact your Toyota dealer as it’s still under warranty, I would obtain a litre bottle from your Toyota dealer and mix it 50/50 with preferably distilled water and use that as a top up.

9 minutes ago, Rosgoe said:

I assume from your question is that the inverter coolant level is low and you are worried that the engine coolant may be low. If it is at the minimum mark I wouldn’t worry to much as it would be checked at your next service unless it drops significantly then I would contact your Toyota dealer as it’s still under warranty, I would obtain a litre bottle from your Toyota dealer and mix it 50/50 with preferably distilled water and use that as a top up.

Sorry an update for you just googled thisGenuine Toyota Super Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant is a new generation ethylene glycol based coolant which is pre-diluted 50:50 with de-ionized water for freeze protection to -34°F. Non-silicate, non-amine, non-nitrite and non-borate coolant formulated with long-life hybrid organic acid technology

Thank you very much christopher for your advice. Much appreciated

Drive to your T Dealer and let them check it for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G6-R said:

Drive to your T Dealer and let them check it for you.

Exactly.

We've had our 2014 Yaris Hybrid just over three years.  I've only opened the bonnet in all that time four times.

First was when we first bought the car to see how to do it and see what under the bonnet looked like, changed the headlight bulbs twice, and once to see if I could remember how to open it!

Never checked the fluids, and to be honest, I wouldn't bother.

Mick.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, HughA said:

Not even to top up the washer bottle Mick?

Hardly ever use it.  Dunno, but possibly only half a dozen times since we bought the car.  Don't seem to need it generally.

Rarely do any fast motorway/dual carriageway miles, as just about all our driving is on rural roads and country lanes.  They tend to be mucky but that seems to make the sides of the car filthy, not the front or rear window.

Mick.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mick F said:

Exactly.

We've had our 2014 Yaris Hybrid just over three years.  I've only opened the bonnet in all that time four times.

First was when we first bought the car to see how to do it and see what under the bonnet looked like, changed the headlight bulbs twice, and once to see if I could remember how to open it!

Never checked the fluids, and to be honest, I wouldn't bother.

Mick.

🙂👍, I open mine every week at least once, probably the most used door of the car after the drivers one 😂, just like to check everything is ok there and top up windscreen wash. For the coolant all we need is Toyota genuine pink coolant ready mix and top up a bit, that’s just normal to evaporate, but if it gets low often will be good to,be checked for leaks. 

• Like 1