Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris multiple lights on dashboard, no Ready symbol

Kapsi

Hi all wondering if someone can help.Got a Yaris 2013 hybrid, showing multiple lights on staring up including P shift, although able to do gear shifs car not moving at all as unable to get Ready symbol.I drove 4 hrs ago only after having auxillary Battery charged by jump cables.

You have a dead or dying Battery the AGM 12v takes a very long time to charge, ideally you need to take the Battery out of the car to charge it

the dash uses LEDs so doesn't need too much power, but it needs higher current/power to pull in the contactor on the main Battery

Thanks a lot,can I charge it again and drive or get a new Battery.what sort of charger should I buy if u think that would be best.

You may be able to jump start it again, you will need to run the car for an hour or so to get some charge in it

Be aware not everywhere stocks these batteries i suggest you make a few phone calls first

Charger wise ideally you need an AGM charger as it needs to be charged at a low current and slowly (£40 upwards)

Thanks so much,I will do a check and if need any advice will get back.Happy safe and healthy new year.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Did you mange to get this fixed? My car show the same error lights after the Battery went flat. The Battery is now fully charged, however these error lights remain.

45 minutes ago, Haje said:

Hi,

Did you mange to get this fixed? My car show the same error lights after the battery went flat. The battery is now fully charged, however these error lights remain.

Does the car go into “READY” mode? If not it isn’t going to start.

How old is the 12v Battery?  If it is the original Battery it could well be it is “dead”, even though it is showing charged, the Battery is not good enough.

Try another battery.

The Battery was low, not completely empty when I tried to start the car. That seems to have triggered a lot of errors (30+). The garage has used the diagnostic (OBD) computer to erase the errors and it now works again.

You can get all sorts of weird fault codes when there's been a low Battery.

Sensors don't read what they're supposed to, valves don't move the way they're supposed to and motors don't move the way they're supposed to. This mightily confuses the ECU, and with some faults, it has to keep the light on just in case.

• Like 1

See my 1st post in this thread,

On 1/1/2021 at 4:25 PM, flash22 said:

You have a dead or dying battery the AGM 12v takes a very long time to charge, ideally you need to take the battery out of the car to charge it

the dash uses LEDs so doesn't need too much power, but it needs higher current/power to pull in the contactor(s) on the main battery

At least you got it sorted

I drive under 10km per week and that might not be enough to keep the Battery charged. Therefore I am using a charger like every 2 month (CTEK 5 with a CTEK connector on the Battery for easy connection and CTEK bluetooth sensor for monitoring)

Your are right, it could very well be that the Battery is not in the best condition anymore. Unfortunately, it has not been checked at the garage. I am thinking about replacing it anyway.

And to be able to solve this issue myself have purchased the Autophix 3210 that can be used to read and erase these error codes.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 1/1/2021 at 5:49 PM, Kapsi said:

Thanks so much,I will do a check and if need any advice will get back.Happy safe and healthy new year.

Hello I have thesame problems shift to P and I change the 12v Battery but the car won’t start I need help thanks 

28 minutes ago, Jonegh said:

Hello I have thesame problems shift to P and I change the 12v battery but the car won’t start I need help thanks 

Your profile say Yaris 2013 and Toyo 2023.  Which is it? 

Hybrid i changed the original Battery that was unable to start last week and now has a new Battery and the car starts but not the engine just shift to P appears with the sound 

It means you are not in ready mode, foot on the brake and press the start button again

Can you move the selector ? foot on the brake move it up and down a few times then back into park, do your brake lights work ??

• Like 1

Yes the selector works perfect and the brake lights works perfect just the shift to P lights on with the sound ,I’ve changed the original Battery that was low don’t know say hats the problem 

In addition to all suggestions above after reconnecting  the Battery and try to start the car for a first time you can do the following process: 

Double press start button without pressing the brake - all lights should come on the dashboard car set in acc mode, wait few seconds and turn off the car  
Start again but this time with pressing and holding brake pedal single long press the start button until the car starts , if no success , release brake pedal and press brake pedal again, then push start button one more time. I don’t know why the car behaves like that but often after 12v Battery disconnection the car doesn’t want to start immediately but after release and press brake pedal second time it does starts ok. You can try that and see if its gonna work for you. 

• Like 2

I’m really interested in this thread.  Seems like good advice from Tony.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1