Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Plunged into t sport world

waynedear

Hi everyone, picked up my first none Alfa in 23 cars and 13 years.

After my gt blew up I needed a cheap reliable car, locally in liverpool.

Spotted a 5 door ts on Facebook, went to see it, had a drive, bought it a few days ago.

Well it is certainly fun when lift happens, very practical as well.

Couple of issues, not much in the way of heating, I have changed the thermostat and coolant, back flushed the matrix, found the cabin filter missing ( under the back seat), I am getting slightly more heat now, thinking new matrix.

Has a good service history, but I have ordered new lift bolts.

Overall I do like it, looks a bit like a golf and an astra had a one night stand

CD6098CB-4751-4B2D-9F16-8E95A3D18BB9.jpeg

69F309DE-D694-4EC2-881E-DFFE36118BBC.jpeg

99355428-FFBE-4C45-9332-B4CD71A0911A.jpeg

• Like 2

Welcome to the T club. The car looks very nice 👍 

• Thanks 1

Hi,

If you search this forum you will find some old and very long threads on  clearing  out the heating matrix.

However as you say you have flushed it already, would assue that means you can see water flowing though it ok ?

Another cause could be the heater control flaps/ dampers,  there is no pipeline control, its all done by a flap in the heater /cooler air box.

Think your model may be a direct rotary control knob with a cable, (our later digital model is motor controlled) , so check that the flap is actually moving open and shut, as something may have slipped or broken preventing the flap opening or shutting properly.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, oldcodger said:

Hi,

If you search this forum you will find some old and very long threads on  clearing  out the heating matrix.

However as you say you have flushed it already, would assue that means you can see water flowing though it ok ?

Another cause could be the heater control flaps/ dampers,  there is no pipeline control, its all done by a flap in the heater /cooler air box.

Think your model may be a direct rotary control knob with a cable, (our later digital model is motor controlled) , so check that the flap is actually moving open and shut, as something may have slipped or broken preventing the flap opening or shutting properly.

Mine has the button and screen heater control, I have heard about the heater flap, I am insured to drive from Monday, I’ll use it for work and see if I have any heat.

3527BABE-BF5A-4AD4-891E-EE08D31AA7D0.jpeg

Hi,

What can happen is the flaps motor can fail or the plastic linkage/gear to the flap it drives can break.

You can see them with a torch from under the steering wheel, you might have to remove the cardbox lower cover, ( 2 screws) to get a good view.

You might need to see an osteopath afterwards 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow a red one with extra doors these rarely come up! I changed the heater matrix on mine I believe to a Brass one massive improvement, completely restored my heating to 100% and super warm for my 05:00AM drives to work. Matrix is not hard to change you'll just find yourself potentially laying upside down sideways with your legs out of the drivers window!

58 minutes ago, KennyKen1988 said:

Wow a red one with extra doors these rarely come up! I changed the heater matrix on mine I believe to a Brass one massive improvement, completely restored my heating to 100% and super warm for my 05:00AM drives to work. Matrix is not hard to change you'll just find yourself potentially laying upside down sideways with your legs out of the drivers window!

I am used to working just like that, but worse, I have had 8 little Alfa gtv’s and spiders 😁

• Thanks 1

Shouldn't be a problem for you then and it's well worth doing. I also did my lift bolts when I got my corolla four years ago and they were fairly worn, once again an easy job for you. I'm not so familiar with Alfa Romeo but they are beautiful cars, see some beautiful ones every year at the old timer rally event where I live:

Old Timer Rally 2016 Leas Folkestone

I was gauging the later GTV when I got my Corolla the Lusso 3.0 or 3.2 V6 It's one of the best sounding engines I've ever heard, since then they have shot up in price like most 90's cars... Like you said the Corolla is a really practical car, it's sensible with a bit of enjoyable power on tap when you want to!

On 1/3/2021 at 6:56 PM, KennyKen1988 said:

Shouldn't be a problem for you then and it's well worth doing. I also did my lift bolts when I got my corolla four years ago and they were fairly worn, once again an easy job for you. I'm not so familiar with Alfa Romeo but they are beautiful cars, see some beautiful ones every year at the old timer rally event where I live:

Old Timer Rally 2016 Leas Folkestone

I was gauging the later GTV when I got my Corolla the Lusso 3.0 or 3.2 V6 It's one of the best sounding engines I've ever heard, since then they have shot up in price like most 90's cars... Like you said the Corolla is a really practical car, it's sensible with a bit of enjoyable power on tap when you want to!

Ah the Alfa V6, I have had 5, they do sound good, especially the 12v 155 with a custom exhaust, better breathing and a touch of work from Alfatune, heavenly.

My new lift bolts arrived yesterday so I will fit those, firstly though seeing as I am off today due to weather I need to re-cut the injector seats and make new crush washers for my Alfa gt... it never ends 😁

• Like 1

All sounds very good to me, oh yes the 155 I don't recall when I saw one last very rare down this way... Sounds like you got a few jobs to do Wayne and yes this weather is very hit and miss!

3 hours ago, KennyKen1988 said:

All sounds very good to me, oh yes the 155 I don't recall when I saw one last very rare down this way... Sounds like you got a few jobs to do Wayne and yes this weather is very hit and miss!

Had 7 155’s, still got this on the drive, now undergoing restoration 😁

C6DF4E8C-4F20-4512-8E4F-0F076DCD79B8.jpeg

• Like 1