Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Front Screen

Harlett

When and Why did Toyota stop installing a heated front windscreen in the CHR?

It was standard in the 2018 model I owned, but not in the 2020 version.

More than likely a cost saving all covered by "specifications are subject to change" in the small print

also it may only be  available to the top of the range models or as an option

I've had it on two previous cars, I don't like it.  At night, it's like having a starburst filter in the screen because the street lighting reflects off the tiny wires in the screen.

And, now that I'm retired and don't have to get up early and clear the screen, it's something that I wouldn't use.

The Orange Edition is the current range topper.

I'm surprised the 2018 did. I looked into this when buying our 2018 C-HR and was told Toyota never fitted heated front screens? 

• 2 weeks later...

Heated ( electrically) front screens are a Ford patent, therefore, no other Manufacturers are allowed to fit. Front screen button in C-HR uses HVAC system to clear screen.

59 minutes ago, Starensis said:

Heated ( electrically) front screens are a Ford patent, therefore, no other Manufacturers are allowed to fit. Front screen button in C-HR uses HVAC system to clear screen.

The Ford patent ran out about 15 years ago.  It's been available in lots of other cars for a long time.

I’ve never seen it in a Lexus or Toyota............ C-HR doesn’t have it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Starensis said:

I’ve never seen it in a Lexus or Toyota............ C-HR doesn’t have it.

Me neither. I can only think the OP was mistaken and his original C-HR didn't have it either.

I still have a PDF copy of the 2018 C-HR brochure and there is absolutely zero mention of heated front screens, even as an option.

I don't think that you can get a fully heated windscreen. However, there is a wiper de-icer meaning that only the bottom of the windscreen is heated. Most of the models has it a standard in Finland.