Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Mk2 Steering Wheel in Mk1

A question to ask, has anyone fitted a Mk2 Aygo Steering wheel with multifunction controls in a Mk1 ?

I know the clock spring is needed but in order for the steering wheel buttons to work what cabling would i need to connect my Kenwood Double Din Stereo? Also is it a big trouble doing the swap over?

Cheers...

The biggest hurdle is the clock spring and finding one that fits, the next elephant in the room is - are the splines the same and of course the airbag

Edit. Don't forget the steering angle sensor also clips to, and is moved by the clockspring

audio controls are 2 or 3 wire it is simply a resistive based switch, each function has its own resistance value

for the stereo you will need an audio controls adapter from the likes of connect2 (around £25)

• Like 1
On 1/4/2021 at 6:57 PM, flash22 said:

The biggest hurdle is the clock spring and finding one that fits, the next elephant in the room is - are the splines the same and of course the airbag

Edit. Don't forget the steering angle sensor also clips to, and is moved by the clockspring

audio controls are 2 or 3 wire it is simply a resistive based switch, each function has its own resistance value

for the stereo you will need an audio controls adapter from the likes of connect2 (around £25)

Hi, the MK2 clock spring fits on to the MK1 column no problem! the steering also is the same fitment, i actually bought all the gear just  and waiting for the weather to get good, all fits in place! The wiring is 3 wires which i know what ones needs wiring up...

Cheers 

J

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

3 wires - remote A, B, supply

Have you got the controls adapter ? https://connects2.com/Product/ProductItem/CTSTY006.2

mk2 aygo swrc.pdf 233.8 kB · 0 downloads

Hi Flash22, thanks for the Mk2 aygo document, would be a great help if im stuck etc! As with the Connects2 module loom i was told to use the Yaris alltought they are the same module boxes but comes with a FREE connector to wire the stereo remote too, i have to hack up the module to make my own loom.. so am waiting for delivery for the connects 2 loom, link below...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CTSTY001-2-Steering-Wheel-Stalk-Control-Adaptor-For-TOYOTA-Yaris-2001-2011/370777166975?epid=1422948347&hash=item56540a947f:g:9WsAAOSwibddpaL7

Cheers.

J

You can thin the loom out as you don't need iso plug or speaker connections just the neg, Battery, and switch live

if some else has it working all's good

you may be able to map the other buttons too

• Like 1
1 hour ago, flash22 said:

You can thin the loom out as you don't need iso plug or speaker connections just the neg, battery, and switch live

if some else has it working all's good

you may be able to map the other buttons too

Hi, ive worked out what wire connects to the clockspring, i also have sonr diagrams that was sent to me by C1 owner who has done this conversion, i think the phone buttons are functional also.. picture below is the C1 with the conversion with all functions working.

Cheers

J

20210107_135013.jpg