Do Not Sell My Personal Information

External CD Player for new Corolla Hybrid

Alan1952

Can anyone recommend a CD Player to use as a USB plug-in for the new Corolla Hybrid. 

Does it have to be a cd player??? Why not put all your music on a USB stick, your info screen probably recognise all the music together with images of CD sleeve etc. Thats what I do in my Prius, the only time I have played a cd is when I went to pick it up 100 miles away and took my favourite cd to play on the way home, after that it was usb all the time.

I'm not even sure if the touch systems even support an external cd/dvd player via usb

:withstupid: rip (import) your cd's down to mp3 with the likes of iTunes (there are plenty of guides on the net an YouTube)  16gb stick will give you 2200-2500 tracks or 170+ hours

As for your question - know any good brands of portable CD player........ a long time ago I bought a portable cd, the actual sound from iy was okish, but connected a pair of ear phones and the sound was quiet good (obviously depending on quaility of headphones. So I imagine a you wont have to spend more the £25 (if that) to get a decent sound from car peakers.   Do you have an auxilary connector in the corolla, that would be an alernative connection.

Just tested an external USB CD/DVD drive with a 2018 touch 2 - it does not detect the drive with or without a known good CD

When I had my auris for 5 years I never used the CD player once put all the music on usb stick although I guess it’s more convenient to use a CD player.

On 1/3/2021 at 1:25 PM, Catlover said:

Does it have to be a cd player??? Why not put all your music on a USB stick, your info screen probably recognise all the music together with images of CD sleeve etc. Thats what I do in my Prius, the only time I have played a cd is when I went to pick it up 100 miles away and took my favourite cd to play on the way home, after that it was usb all the time.

That's interesting, I might try this. I presume you need to organise the files somehow on the USB stick ie by album folder, and the software does the rest? So I could drag and drop some of my album folders from my iTunes (or whatever Apple calls it now) folder over to a standard USB and that'll work?

The USB will need FAT32 formatting?

Yes and Yes

Mp3 formats should be fine, WMA, AAC, wav, FLAC and OGG are also supported

I never got into Apple pc’s, so don’t know there procedure. .On Windows 10 I just ripped each cd one by one to a usb stick and my ice does the rest, I can see and choose artists, songs and albums. Fat32 on Windows, as I say not into Apple apart from my iPad.

2 minutes ago, Catlover said:

I never got into apple pc’s, so don’t know there procedure. .On Windows 10 I just ripped each cd one by one to a usb stick and my ice does the rest, I can see and choose artists, songs and albums. Fat32 on Windows, as I say not into apple apart from my iPad.

Apple Itunes is on Mac, PC and a few others. In fact, you need iTunes to backup and transfer items to you iPad

• 2 years later...
On 1/3/2021 at 1:25 PM, Catlover said:

The memory stick for the Corolla Hybrid is a disaster. None of the tracks are in order and are jumbled all over the place (track 1 is at 7; Track 8 is first). Names of the tracks are not available either. Who are the philistines who came up with this and we are expected to pay 25 grand for a car with a rubbishy audio player? 

• Like 1

Surely it is down to the philistine who compiled the music on the memory stick .....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2