Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Toyota Auris 2.0 Diesel Bad Fuel Economy


Recommended Posts

I have a Toyota Auris 2.0 Diesel 08 reg that is used by a family member. Recently I have had the need to use it and although a great car it has really poor fuel effiency. Most my driving is around town 

- £40 diesel gave me 213 miles

- £20 diesel gave me 105 miles.

It is averaging around 25mpg. Is this normal fuel efficiency for a 2.0 diesel auris?

Link to post
Share on other sites

When was the car last serviced? How are you obtaining the figures? From the car's range, from the car's fuel consumption display, or are you calculating the fuel consumption? Putting in less than 15 litres of fuel can give false range info.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can be normal: -  old car, big engine, manual transmission, driving in town, cold weather = equals poor mpg 

When was serviced last it’s an important question. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

When was the car last serviced? How are you obtaining the figures? From the car's range, from the car's fuel consumption display, or are you calculating the fuel consumption? Putting in less than 15 litres of fuel can give false range info.

The car was last serviced not too long ago around september. Im calculating mpg based on how much fuel im putting in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Can be normal: -  old car, big engine, manual transmission, driving in town, cold weather = equals poor mpg 

When was serviced last it’s an important question. 

It was last serviced around september. It seems low to me as we have a Rav 4 2.0 petrol which does similar mpg similar driving etc

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Bev3069 said:

It was last serviced around september. It seems low to me as we have a Rav 4 2.0 petrol which does similar mpg similar driving etc

Well diesel not necessarily means better efficiency, all depends of many things, both cars are very similar Auris and rav4 , the suv is obviously heavier and taller but even so still can be equal in consumption. Btw diesels loose efficiency with age a lot more than petrol engines. , if the car starts and drives fine very likely it’s normal fuel consumption for the model, perhaps some other owners share their experience. There were some posts about egr cleaning of this engine and efficiency increased by far, if you do some research and check on the car too. 
Regards 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You cannot calculate the MPG they way you are doing it, too many variables, too little fuel on £20 to give an accurate figure. The only way to get an accurate figure is from brim to brim 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership