Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cruise Control - MK3 Yaris DIY

MoSaf

Hey guys, I’ve got a 2015 Yaris, it’s a 1.4 Diesel Manual. I’d like to retrofit cruise control into it. 

ive done some research but can’t find a definitive answer on weather or not it will be plug and play if I buy the stalk. 

apparently it should be plug and play (only the 1.0 vvti isn’t) but then there’s a few threads where it hasn’t worked for people with the bigger engine. 

is there anyway I can check the module/looms before purchasing a stalk to test it. Thanks 

There is a recent thread on the 1.0l with all the info the stalk is just a resistive based switch, a dead short < 2.5 ohms should turn it on

363169110_YarisCC17-20.thumb.jpg.6f733cd09f32930926077532f731c0e1.jpg

As suggested by flash22 the stalk is resistor based. Just short the pin to ground and see if it turns on. If it doesn't turn on, check if the wire to the ECM is installed. If it is, you're basically stuck where the rest of us are (here)

So far nobody figured out how to get the new calibration files. In my case, the dealer doesn't want to offer any help (what is this, Tesla?)

Anyway, it's a quick method to just test it with a wire to save yourself 15 euro.

Thanks for replies guys, please can you explain where I I need to put the wire to test it. Any pictures please? Or a link to a video.

woudl I have to test this whilst driving as I assume cruise control does not turn on when stationary. 

The connector under the steering column is the easy one to get to

2140509668_gen3ccdiagram.thumb.jpg.1928f0a140cac6cf1aeee2fc052b1700.jpg

Pins 1 and 2 as per the image above

1326622702_gen3ccconF5.jpg.c7f4ffec2ba0f32ae5dfd772f4e651d7.jpg

Either remove the airbag (don't unplug it, just put it on top of the wheel) and short the two pins where the cruise control goes (I think it's the bottom two from the 2x2 connector) or remove the bottom cover from the steering column and try it there (although this doesn't grant you access to exposed connectors, it's only a check if the wire is installed)

In my case, it's all wired up, but the ecu isn't programmed to make use of it (techstream reports that all functions work, but there's no on/off indicator in the software)

See my thread for pictures:

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/191745-diy-cruise-control-install-europe/

You can back probe most connectors with a T pin or you can use a sewing needle (and cut the sharp end off) acupuncture needles also work

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links