Do Not Sell My Personal Information

old car, old man / young girl: so a Yaris Verso

Jubus

Hi,

About time we introduced ourselves.

We are a family of three and currently own one Yaris Verso that we bought when our daughter got her drivers licence for an automatic only. This is because of her physical condition which forces her to use a wheelchair on occasions.

The other car is a Dacia MCV, the original with doors rather than a hatch at the rear. Both cars take the wheelchair easily (the MCV swallows it whole, for the YV/funcargo the wheels have to come off if the back rests of the rear seats stay up).

The MCV is causing back pains now and is due for major maintenance (timing belt etc.) and will be replaced shortly with a ....

Yaris Verso automatic.

We live in the north of the Netherlands and our only undulations are viaducts and ramps of bridges, so no worries about sluggishness.

The new-to-us YV will be converted to run on autogas/lpg and we will need a tow hook for the ancient Paradiso (look it up, vouwcaravan).

We hope to visit the UK soon again!

• Haha 1

The only problems i can see are the tow limit/nose weight, i would be cautious running lpg on an older engine if it isn't done right it will burn valves

A quick google shows 400kg and 900kg braked

Hello Bob,

Many thanks for your thoughts.

The lpg conversion will come with valve lube and the engine will have less than 100K.

The Paradiso image.jpeg.3ca21b15e0d7605395f7ed90cc0e9f6a.jpeg

has a max weight of 750 kilo, has brakes and we tend to not fill it to the brim. The tow bar will have a nose weight of about 50kg, which is according to specs of the (to be fitted) tow bar, although I've seen ones that allow 75kg's.

It might be a bit wide; with the Dacia MCV (1,74m wide) I didn't need caravan mirrors. The Yaris is 1.69m wide and also has the mirrors quite high. We'll see.

On 1/4/2021 at 8:31 PM, flash22 said:

The only problems i can see are the tow limit/nose weight, i would be cautious running lpg on an older engine if it isn't done right it will burn valves

A quick google shows 400kg and 900kg braked

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

So, an update.

we swapped the Dacia for a 1999 Terios; the 15 year old liked it better then an other Yaris Verso. We are waiting for an LPG-conversion on this one as well (we are very pleased the conversion to LPG of the Yaris Verso, the price difference is more then €1 per litre). Fotr this car we're looking for parts to complete the off road looks: a Roof Rack (cannot find cross bars), a push bar, tow bar, etc.

And then we found a 2001 Yaris Verso that only had 109 K's. Someone has put in a lot of time and effort into it; it has a sun visor and rear spoiler, tited windows, square numberplate at the front (very rare in Nl), a cruise control and android tablet/radio. I think it's been lowerded as well. The girl's mum is very happy to drive it. This car wil also have an LPG-tank fitted.

omg the Terios is so cute! It's like the original RAV4 before it got put on an american diet! :laugh: