Today Toyota announced 2 new Supra models:

2.0 Supra Pro

2.0 Supra Fuji Speedway Edition

• High-performance 2.0-litre engine with twin-scroll turbocharger

• 254 BHP/ 190 kW and 400 Nm of torque

• Eight-speed ZF automatic transmission with ultra-fast shifting

• Launch control system enables 0-100 km/h acceleration in 5.2 seconds

• Active differential available in optional Sport Pack

• Compact and lightweight 2.0-litre engine yields dynamic benefits that give the GR Supra 2.0 its own distinct character

• More compact engine means mass is located closer to the centre of the car, improving inertia characteristics and making ideal 50:50 front/rear weight balance easier to achieve

• Up to 100 kg weight saving compared to GR Supra 3.0

2.0 Pro specs: £45995

• 18" Black & Silver Bi-tone Machined-face Alloy wheels (5-double-spoke)

• Active Sports differential • Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS)

• Supra Red Sports Calipers

• Toyota Supra Safety+ including Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian and Cyclist Detection, Cruise Control, Lane Departure Alert (LDA) with steering control, Adaptive Auto High Beam (AHB) & Road Sign Assist (RSA)

• 8.8" Toyota Touch® 2 with Go navigation system, connected services, voice recognition, 4 Speakers, DAB & Bluetooth® connectivity

• Reversing Camera

• Drive mode selector

• Electrically heated Black Alcantara® sports seats with power adjustable lumbar support

• Aluminium Pedals

• Smart Entry & Push-button Start

• LED headlights & LED Daytime Running lights

• Power retractable door mirrors

• Dual-zone air conditioning

• eCall emergency call system

Fuji Speedway Edition in addition to Pro spec: £47995

• 19" Black Matt Forged Alloy wheels (5-double-spoke)

• Black Alcantara® with Red Leather Sports seats

• Red door mirrors

• Only available in White Metallic

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not to be contentious but I love the old Supra of the Fast n Furious age but I am not sure of the latest incarnation ?

it’s so much a BMW it’s not got DNA from the old Supra I would think Toyota could develop their own engines and car accordingly ?

Like I say not knocking anyone buying an ICE car these days as these car will become rarer as time goes on as most manufacturers are racing towards electric cars 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Evora2010 said:

it’s so much a BMW it’s not got DNA from the old Supra I would think Toyota could develop their own engines and car accordingly ?

The Supra/Z4 was one part of a long term collaboration between Toyota and BMW that began around 2011. This included joint development of lithium-ion batteries and Toyota supplying fuel cell technology to BMW.

Both are built by Magna Steyr (a Canadian owned contract manufacturer) in Austria - so built by a separate company to Toyota and BMW.

• 7 months later...
On 2/28/2021 at 1:54 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

The Supra/Z4 was one part of a long term collaboration between Toyota and BMW that began around 2011. This included joint development of lithium-ion batteries and Toyota supplying fuel cell technology to BMW.

Both are built by Magna Steyr (a Canadian owned contract manufacturer) in Austria - so built by a separate company to Toyota and BMW.

Thats fantastic and all, but it doesn't meet flagship criteria, supra is a large sports car, this mk5 is more mr2/celica, im not knocking the mk5, think some look nice, but it isn't a supra, to small, to tame, it doesn't fill the name, the lexus LFA was the true carry on from the supra