Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bulbs replace with Cold light

Darck1

Hi ,

i have  a 2020 Corolla  saloon Icon tech  and since my one bulb become defective i was thinking to change both bulbs with a cold light  or something similar xenon , my car has  yellow(warm) light   bulbs..nothing fancy..Any ideea what  bulbs are compatible with  my model and what  options i got to have a more nicely look lights?Thanks

80496DFE-70BF-40D5-9270-B23108577658.jpeg

• Like 1

Could be interesting now we are out of the EU.  I changed most of my 2005 Mercedes filament bulbs for LED.  With some I had to get resistors too.  I got my bulbs through eBay and the sellers were excellent ensuring what I ordered would work. BUT and it is a big BUT, I was scolded in the Mercedes Owners Club for fitting non EU compliant bulbs that could lead to an MOT failure and worse.  Any alternative bulbs should be to the appropriate EU standard with an E marking.

So, back to the beginning, do this rules still apply?

42 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Any alternative bulbs should be to the appropriate EU standard with an E marking.

So, back to the beginning, do this rules still apply?

As far as I understand, there is a transition period for EU standards (CE, etc) still being current in the UK before they are authorised under the UKCA standards. So yes they still apply.

• Like 1

Did anyone  changed   The  clasic bulb to a LED without any errors?

But why not led from factory? Is it because of the lower trim ? You need to open and see what type bulbs are in and look for some alternative on the web. 

Some LED have inbuilt resistors so do not throw up cambus errors therefore it depends.

An original Toyota part is clearly the way to go especially as your car has a 5 year warranty.  A replacement bulb might not be covered by the warranty (I don't know) but fitting a non-approved item might void the warranty.

• Like 1

Led bulbs are not road legal unless they are factory fitment, funny enough i have just ordered some Philips White Vision Ultra's for the yaris what are ECE marked

Not sure what bulbs the corolla uses (what can also vary by the model spec) poss HB4 (marked 22P)

Edit. Looks like there all led's so a trip to the dealers is required

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

But why not led from factory? Is it because of the lower trim ? You need to open and see what type bulbs are in and look for some alternative on the web. 

Icon Tech came without  LED xenon

I changed my bulbs from halogen to white albiet in a much older corolla, i have osram night breaker lasers in dip and full and they are white, paid around €50 for the 4 bulbs

Cool, are they too bright now? Package says not for road use, you might get flashing from oncoming cars, otherwise looks good. 

Even if my  headlights are  ready to use  for LED not the classic headlights ..

they are not to bright are good enough.

14 minutes ago, Darck1 said:

Even if my  headlights are  ready to use  for LED not the classic headlights ..

they are not to bright are good enough.

Just looked for my car, they have options too, and wow these are expensive, I will stick to my long life halogen bulbs. 😂👌💡

3 hours ago, Darck1 said:

I have done  the  replacement 

C2D9E529-3627-42F5-92BA-27CBB4546ADC.jpeg

The box says "not for use on public roads". I presume there's a safety reason for this. You may glare other drivers and cause them to crash. Also, do you realise your insurance will be invalid now? If you had a very serious accident where the police investigate, or a forensic analysis of the car is done, you wont have any cover at all and will be found at fault and prosecuted on top of everything else.

Is it worth it? I personally think you should be responsible and remove them.

14 hours ago, Darck1 said:

Changed to halogen bulbs

I had a Toyota Prius plus with oem led headlights and this car was absolutely the best for night driving, I had the car for few months and then after I went back to older cars with halogen bulbs even with good lights I needed months to adapt to the halogen light again, however I did tried a non original led conversion and this was the worst of all cars, also spoke to few drivers who ditched these led conversions as they noticed the same, poor light performance and cause of headaches to the driver if used a lot in the dark. I am a night driver and for me the lights and bulbs are of extreme importance, I am using Philips Eco vision H11 bulbs in Auris for two reasons: longest life bulbs and very natural light ahead, not too bright and not too warm, just right. The high beams are the oem ones and these are very good too. 👍

• Thanks 1